We took the plunge and got the 4000

sbuckman

We were wondering though if this is a 'record' as we have had 3 campers in 3 years. All Heartland Cyclones, 2007 3795, 2011 3812 and now a 2014 4000.

alex00

If you plan to keep up the tradition, I can't wait to see photos of your 2017 4300 :p.

Congrats on the new trailer. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours. What are you towing it with?

sbuckman

Hmmm... may have jumped the gun here. We may not have upgraded at this point.... unexpected developments ... now in limbo...

sbuckman

Ok... now it is official... we are 'upgraded' This was the strangest most confusing situation, but luckily due to wonderful people things went the well. To explain... we looked at camper 1... were told we had till noon the next day to let them know if we wanted it... was given cell number and told to text as reception was bad... at 9 am next day texted and requested manager's number to tell them we wanted the camper and ask some questions... was texted back he was not available until noon and the message would be passed on... at 12:58PM no phone call so sent another text... responding text was the camper was sold to someone else. To shorten a crazy story it was discovered there was a 2nd unit at another location of the dealership so all appeared to be just fine, but we discovered the 2nd unit was missing options that the first unit had... we were not sure we wanted the unit then. After a crazy day of research and pondering decided we would take the 2nd unit.

Last edited:

alex00

Which options were missing on camper #2? Glad to hear it is official. What a scary long day.

sbuckman

The second unit does not have the ramp door patio. This will be our 3rd toyhauler and as we didn't have it in the first two we really don't think we would use it that much. We spend most of our time out on the lake or 4 wheeling, skiing, etc... I still think that the patio is cool, but for me, myself I think it is just a 'fascination' I have with it and not really something I think I would use enough to justify the cost (we could have ordered a new unit with it)

remoandiris

If you already spend a lot of time outside your coach at CGs, the patio may not add much. In the past, my wife and I spent little time outside the coach at CGs. With the patio we do.

scottyb

The second unit does not have the ramp door patio. This will be our 3rd toyhauler and as we didn't have it in the first two we really don't think we would use it that much. We spend most of our time out on the lake or 4 wheeling, skiing, etc... I still think that the patio is cool, but for me, myself I think it is just a 'fascination' I have with it and not really something I think I would use enough to justify the cost (we could have ordered a new unit with it)

We don't spend much time in the rig either, once we are on location. We are either working at a race or we are off 4 wheeling, fishing, or rafting. However, I have to say that the patio is probably our favorite option on the Cyclone. You may have already closed this deal, but if not, I would suggest you re-consider. I saw the possibilities, and it was not a negotiable option for us.

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 45