What did you do to your camper today?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Exactly, Duane. I spend what I can afford to maintain a comfort level. And the OEM steps actually were bothering the wife's knees. There are a few rigs here with wooden porches next to them, but I looked at the portability and weight of doing that and this system won. If we do move the rig (like to the Goshen rally) the porch and steps can easily come with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I saw those on Possum51's rig at a rally. I'm thinking about them also. Really nice and make a great landing outside the door.

Sniper

Got our key fob's programmed to our "Big Foot" auto leveling system today. I don't even need to open the basement to to hook up the truck anymore! Now if I could just figure out a way to "pull" the 5th wheel pin and lever at the touch of a button...:)

Bones

Did a temporary patch to the flexible drain hose on the camp kitchen and removed some of the insulation surrounding the heating duct due to getting soaked from the leak. Heartland is sending me new parts. Reorganized my front compartment and the storage area. Attached some straps in the master closet to hold up my pop-up tent and drying rack during transit put shoes in egg crate attached coat hooks above main door to hang my hats and kids hats. Banged my head twice as well.

Bones

Only Twice??? Happens to me everytime I get somthing out of the closet.
Ha. First was while I was in the storage compartment leaned up and smack the second was when I walked out the door. At least they have that padding over the door.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Failed to post last week when we did it, but replaced our Dometic 310 toilet with the more residential Dometic 320. The moving flap that holds water in the bowl (ball valve?) had cracked after 5 years. According to Dometic, this was a non-serviceable part. (Based on where it is, I would not want to service it, anyway!)

We opted for the one with the spray attachment, since it wasn't that much more. However, upon install and testing, the adjustable clamp on the spray hose must not have been tight -- it immediately began leaking. So, our only choice was to remove the toilet to get to the fitting and tighten it. After that, no leaks. Toilet is great!

dlw930

Repaired one of the dining room chairs (the one DW sits on) that was coming apart. A little Gorilla glue on the back joints and a few screws to replace staples in the braces and storage bottom and it's like new. The name written on the bottom of the seat was "Erika". TravelTiger, do you have a new side job?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Repaired one of the dining room chairs (the one DW sits on) that was coming apart. A little Gorilla glue on the back joints and a few screws to replace staples in the braces and storage bottom and it's like new. The name written on the bottom of the seat was "Erika". TravelTiger, do you have a new side job?

Haha! Sorry for the failed chair, but it had to be a different "Erika".

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Didn't do anything, but did get the first shipment from Amazon of parts I'll need to get rid of the Dometic RM1350 crappy fridge.

MagnoliaTom

Investigated why our AC was vibrating the camper all of a sudden. Got on the roof and removed the shroud to discover a very large mud dauber nest on the fan. Darn those insects!!

pegmikef

I finally got tired of having to dig through the basement for things I used frequently and having to move things I use infrequently to find them so I have been spending the last few weeks in between rallies trying get a semblance of organization to my storage. Anyway, here are some of the things I came up with.

- added hooks to the generator compartment walls for my 12 gauge and other extension cords, ropes, security cables and awning tie-down kit.

- added a tool holder to the ODS basement wall to hold the common tools I always seemed to look for during set up/tear down.

- added as small double shelf to the DS basement wall to hold items that I frequently use all the time (I copied this from Corbin Tayloe's BC basement).

- added hooks to the door side basement wall for my barbecue tools as we like to grill a lot.

Attachments

• Gencompartment.JPG
    Gencompartment.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 146
  • leftside.JPG
    leftside.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 142
  • righthook.JPG
    righthook.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20150715_122341_329.jpg
    IMG_20150715_122341_329.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 158
  • shelves.JPG
    shelves.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 137
  • shelf-tools.JPG
    shelf-tools.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 134

Chippendale

I finally got tired of having to dig through the basement for things I used frequently and having to move things I use infrequently to find them so I have been spending the last few weeks in between rallies trying get a semblance of organization to my storage. Anyway, here are some of the things I came up with.

- added hooks to the generator compartment walls for my 12 gauge and other extension cords, ropes, security cables and awning tie-down kit.

- added a tool holder to the ODS basement wall to hold the common tools I always seemed to look for during set up/tear down.

- added as small double shelf to the DS basement wall to hold items that I frequently use all the time (I copied this from Corbin Tayloe's BC basement).

- added hooks to the door side basement wall for my barbecue tools as we like to grill a lot.

Mike, that looks like a professional job. I am heading to New Mexico about the second week in August, might even pass through Angelo, what is your hourly rate?

George

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Mike, that looks like a professional job. I am heading to New Mexico about the second week in August, might even pass through Angelo, what is your hourly rate?

George

I heard it is a 12-pack and a pint of Wild Turkey! :eek:

Oh wait . . . that's me! :p