What did you do to your camper today?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our dealer sent their mobile tech out to our house today to redo most of the repairs that were supposed to have been done while they had it in the shop for 10 weeks starting October 30th, 2015.

He was rather amazed at the way some of the repairs were (not) done while it was in the shop.

He had a rather substantial parts list to order and will be coming back to complete the repairs before our next trip, which is eight weeks from today (Colorado HOC Rally in Buena Vista, CO).

Bones

Old side. Needed to top off FW tank and that's where they have frost free hydrants as water to the sites is not on yet.
New side is nicer but we have the old side to ourselves.
Here until Saturday morning then heading home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy. The new side is nice. We liked it but it really does feel like a parking lot. I really liked that we could walk to the beach. Looking forward to our next trip.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Enjoy. The new side is nice. We liked it but it really does feel like a parking lot. I really liked that we could walk to the beach. Looking forward to our next trip.

We each have our opinions, but next time I'll pick the new side. Granted most if not all sites are back ins but I think (didn't step any off) there is more space between sites. These on the old side tight! I counted 6 steps between pads but of course we're the only ones here so no crowding today!!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks to jesstalkn from CA, we changed out the faucet in the bathroom. What a different it made :) and it gave a little more counter space - yeah. We followed his lead from his post project lm 365, page 57, post 565. Thanks Jerrod.
3-21-16 faucet.jpg

VKTalley

A couple of projects that we have been working on here...
IMG_7977.jpgIMG_7982.jpg
1. Painting the bathroom. Will be adding peel and stick tile backsplash later.
IMG_7979.jpg
2. Planted a container garden with several herbs, pepper plant and Aloe plant.
IMG_7981.jpg
3. Replaced the A/C filter...versus washing the filter.

Dennyha

This past weekend, we swapped out the Towmax tires for Sailun S637s, installed Snap Pads, and installed a wet bolt shackle upgrade kit.

Bones

Not quite yet but close enough. I received presents today.

0322161606.jpg

Now all I have to do is figure out if the tire place installs metal valves or if I need to purchase them.

P.s. One of these days I'm gonna figure out how to stop my images from rotating.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Not quite yet but close enough. I received presents today.

View attachment 43709

Now all I have to do is figure out if the tire place installs metal valves or if I need to purchase them.

P.s. One of these days I'm gonna figure out how to stop my images from rotating.

Here you go. Congrats on the tires.
2w3yyys.jpg

mlpeloquin

JWAKER, How did you rotate the picture? The pictures appear right side up on my MAC and sideways or upside down on the forum.

This is a three step job. Step one.
Installed a 12V socket in the bedroom for my Apria machine.
12 Power Socket.JPG12V Power Socket 2.JPG

Added motion detectors for the closets in the bedroom and bathroom.
B Closet 1.JPGB Closet 2.JPGB Closet 3.JPGAdded Light Bathroom.JPG

Two a few days prior in between rain I installed shocks. Look at the old bushings! The top nuts were loose and the bottom ones only took a half turn and then I spun the nuts by hand. The new bushings are polyurethane bushings. Looseness of the nus do to shrinkage and deformation of the standard bushings. Suggest if you have had your 5er for a while, take a look at your shock mounts.
Shocks Right.JPGShocks Left.JPG Cracked Mounts.JPGCracked Mounts 2.JPG

FiremanBill

Well I didn't do anything to the camper but I did put new front axles, brakes, rotors, and calipers on my jeep so I could get it out of the garage and the Truck back in out of the weather!

That jeep is trying to beat me but I will have none of it! I win again.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

JWAKER, How did you rotate the picture? The pictures appear right side up on my MAC and sideways or upside down on the forum.

This is a three step job. Step one.
Installed a 12V socket in the bedroom for my Apria machine.
View attachment 43715View attachment 43716

Added motion detectors for the closets in the bedroom and bathroom.
View attachment 43718View attachment 43719View attachment 43720View attachment 43717

Two a few days prior in between rain I installed shocks. Look at the old bushings! The top nuts were loose and the bottom ones only took a half turn and then I spun the nuts by hand. The new bushings are polyurethane bushings. Looseness of the nus do to shrinkage and deformation of the standard bushings. Suggest if you have had your 5er for a while, take a look at your shock mounts.
View attachment 43721View attachment 43722 View attachment 43723View attachment 43724
Nice work but you did it all upside down
You'll like the motion sensor they really work good. Better than I expected it to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Nice work but you did it all upside down
You'll like the motion sensor they really work good. Better than I expected it to.

And sideways too! Next is the center island cabs, then kitchen, and finally the two cabinets at the back end on each side of the fireplace. In between I will add three switches in the hall for the kitchen and living room. My wife is has an artificial leg and needs to see where she is going. This I will do over the next three months. I am not suppose to have the 5er in front of my house over 72 hours. My neighbors are nice so I limit it to a week max as to not tick them off. So far no one has complained. So each trip I will get two to three days to clean and upgrade.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm ordering more motion sensors on Amazon right now. I like the idea of the entry closest being on motion too. I'm also going to try one on the entry light outside with the sensor under the step.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our closet doors were hitting on the clothes hangers, making them hard to open/close. Some people's solution has been to move the rod back... However, in our case the hangers were also hitting at the back of the closet, as well.

We noticed the tracks of the closet doors could be moved about an inch forward towards the existing header, so Tony did just that. Removed the doors, took screws out of the tracks and moved them. After reinstalling the doors, we had to relocate the lock mechanisms that hold the doors in transit.

We also swapped the doors so the one on the right is the outer door, one on the left is inner.

Now both doors easily slide by the clothes!!

Sorry, no before pics.

3076706ca73dd02533fe34eece96e208.jpg
1e42b1f0c83082931a77e0edf212d5ee.jpg
f0399ce78f8e8b9044004c928db9cf75.jpg

I did go back and fill the holes. ;)

VKTalley

Wow! Love the blue!

Thanks, Erika! Me too...I wanted a more colorful bathroom to offset all the beige/browns in the rig. Working on adding more color in other locations, though probably not with paint but with fabric.

DougS

Doug S
Used a black marker to high light the raised letters around Anderson valve (old eyes). Installed a 45° angle fitting with shut off to hose connection of city water. Installed 45° angle fitting with shut off to hose connection for black tank and installed a plug to prevent accidental connection.
Installed a sound bar with wireless surround sound to replace existing speakers for TV and Blue ray. Kept existing speakers for radio use.
Installed remote controller extender so sat channels in LR can be changed from bedroom.