What did you do to your camper today?

SNOKING

Getting ready for a shake down trip before leaving for Arizona. So we are pretty much loaded like we will be when heading South. Will hit Cat scale tomorrow. We have the ladder hanger thingy from CW that hands on the rear trailer ladder. With the higher roof line I am going to take our Werner 8' fiberglass ladder. So I put the useless 1.25" receiver to work for the ladder. Front is bungee'd down to spare tire carrier.

I got a couple vinyl caulking tube caps at Ace to put on the fresh water tank vents. Will see it they stay on!

Bones

Getting ready for a shake down trip before leaving for Arizona. So we are pretty much loaded like we will be when heading South. Will hit Cat scale tomorrow. We have the ladder hanger thingy from CW that hands on the rear trailer ladder. With the higher roof line I am going to take our Werner 8' fiberglass ladder. So I put the useless 1.25" receiver to work for the ladder. Front is bungee'd down to spare tire carrier.

I got a couple vinyl caulking tube caps at Ace to put on the fresh water tank vents. Will see it they stay on!

Nice. I like the sewer drop you have there.

SNOKING

Oh, one more thing. Plumbers tape on both ends for the sewer hose tube. It was just the right length to use the OEM screws. Doubled back the ends one unit. Someone posted that theirs broke. Chris

SNOKING

When I got the trailer out of our site and on level ground I decided that the ladder was going to scrape on driveways etc. So Cancel that idea.

We hit the cat scale in Marysville more or less loaded like we will be for Arizona.
Steer 5120
Drive 6620
Truck 11740
Trailer 12780
Total 24520.

Rollin_Free

Replaced all internal lights including the basement and UDC with led bulbs. Well, all but those flush mounted super bright, super hot ones in the slider. I'm going to have to research them. Pictures this weekend when we're dry camping in the back yard.

Sarge

Replaced knob on pantry/loft ladder door. Twice. Seems a design flaw allows stupid people to install it with the keyed knob on the inside.

Installed gun case padding on lower shelves to cushion firearms / ammo / supplies.

Moved the thing where the table post goes into the bottom of the table - So we can use it in the two middle table post positions. Apparently the factory torques these to 170ftlbs. Similar to the same force applied to the picture frames over the door.

Began mapping out an extension to allow the wifes CanAm Spyder to be loaded. Right now the approach angle is too steep and hits the front lower cowl before the wheels reach the ramp door. A few staggered 2x8s cut to length outta solve it...

Sarge

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Well, I used the New Sundance for the first time going to the Colo Rally...What a great experience!!
Can't imagine I will need anything more than this! yet I said that with my North Trail....
The Anderson hitch is working great and really fast to hook up and unhook! Smooth ride and with my short bed Ram I can turn a complete 90* I am loving it..32 lbs total when I want to remove it from the truck....Hum...sounds like a commercial..

Rollin_Free

Well, I used the New Sundance for the first time going to the Colo Rally...What a great experience!!
Can't imagine I will need anything more than this! yet I said that with my North Trail....
The Anderson hitch is working great and really fast to hook up and unhook! Smooth ride and with my short bed Ram I can turn a complete 90* I am loving it..32 lbs total when I want to remove it from the truck....Hum...sounds like a commercial..

Glad it's working for you 🎉👍

mlpeloquin

Went on trip with five friends. One, he has a SOB trailer, had his water pump built in check valve go south. Found the only one at a boat supply store in Morro Bay, CA, installed and fix his problem. Next morning I found a large wet spot with the water dripping out of my fresh water tank overflow. What are the chances! Since the last and only one in Morro Bay, CA was purchased, I used the fresh water tank for the last two days. I order one on line and was delivered yesterday. The pump was so loud I could not believe it. What I found look like the water pump was screwed down prior to connecting the PEX fitting. Who ever did the plumbing cut it very short. They must have pulled on the pump hard to make the connection. The pump front was smashed onto the basement floor. It became a drum for the pump. What a sound. I unscrewed the pump, moved it a good inch plus so the PEX plumbing was relaxed, and screwed it back down. I added a small piece of folded pile carpet under the front of the pump. This was necessary because being positioned the way it was for so long, the pump shock mount retained the warped position contacting the sub floor. Now I tested the pump and now only a slight pumping sound can be heard. Ya think someone could instruct the assemblers to not screw down the water pumps until all the plumbing has been connected to it to avoid this problem! This is a common sense assembly step.

Bones

Went on trip with five friends. One, he has a SOB trailer, had his water pump built in check valve go south. Found the only one at a boat supply store in Morro Bay, CA, installed and fix his problem. Next morning I found a large wet spot with the water dripping out of my fresh water tank overflow. What are the chances! Since the last and only one in Morro Bay, CA was purchased, I used the fresh water tank for the last two days. I order one on line and was delivered yesterday. The pump was so loud I could not believe it. What I found look like the water pump was screwed down prior to connecting the PEX fitting. Who ever did the plumbing cut it very short. They must have pulled on the pump hard to make the connection. The pump front was smashed onto the basement floor. It became a drum for the pump. What a sound. I unscrewed the pump, moved it a good inch plus so the PEX plumbing was relaxed, and screwed it back down. I added a small piece of folded pile carpet under the front of the pump. This was necessary because being positioned the way it was for so long, the pump shock mount retained the warped position contacting the sub floor. Now I tested the pump and now only a slight pumping sound can be heard. Ya think someone could instruct the assemblers to not screw down the water pumps until all the plumbing has been connected to it to avoid this problem! This is a common sense assembly step.

Then they would forget to come back and screw it down and then you would be screwed. Ha ha ha ha I crack myself up.

sjandbj

I finally got around to building the drawer above the residential fridge I installed months ago. I could not go to the rally with a hole in the cabinet. Time to look for another project. :)
Ref_drawer2.jpgRef_drawer1.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Started out the day getting new tires for the truck . . . goodbye Firestone Transforce HT's (more to the story - more on that later):

TruckNewTire-P1010986.jpg TruckNewTires-P1010987.jpg

While the truck was at the tire shop I came home and started preparing the Prowler for the trip to Vegas in 10 days.

Plus, I took my bike down from the rafters of the garage and pumped up the tires so I could ride the two miles to the tire shop to pick up my truck . . . and to find out just how not in shape I really am!

After I got back from picking up the truck I installed the two HOC stickers that Jim Belletti game me last week at the Colorado Springs HOC Rally at Mountaindale (Thanks JB!).

TruckHOCsticker-P1010993.jpg ProwlerHOCsticker-P1010984.jpg

Last night I tackled a job I've been putting off since getting the Prowler last year . . . putting the rubber mat back down in the truck bed.

I pulled the hitch (that thing is HEAVY - if my voice sounds kinda high in Vegas, you'll know why!) and laid the mat upside down on the bed rails and cut holes in the rubber with a razor knife.

Before and after:

ProwlerStepLadder-P1010843.jpg TruckRubberMat-P1010995.jpg

That bed gets real slippery when it is wet back there . . . almost did the splits a couple of times!

Rollin_Free

Nice JohnD but I bet your post gets moved. The heavy hitch issue is definitely a pain and frankly I'm getting too old to go in for hernia surgery. At some point you should consider spray-in liner and the Andersen even though it's not a slider.

However if your next truck has an 8' bed there really won't be any reason not to switch. Hint, hint

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Nice JohnD but I bet your post gets moved. The heavy hitch issue is definitely a PIA and frankly I'm getting too old to go in for hernia surgery. At some point you should consider spray-in liner and the Andersen even though it's not a slider. However if your next truck has an 8' bed there really won't be any reason not to switch.
FYI: if you guys have Level-up pull the pins or release the pucks and leave it connected to the RV and lift it out with the Level-up jacks, pull away and your done with it.
Then you can set it back in the bed of the truck the same way.
Or another thing I use is this lift that I mounted it the cross beam of my garage. I'll lift it out and set it on a rolling wheel cart.
Both are very easy and save your back.
2de8560652caa4113a28408876f3154a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rollin_Free

No level up. I like your winch setup but in my case I can't get a car in my garage, which of course is another story. I live in Minnesota so I like to keep everything covered when not needed. I store my Andersen Ultimate in my 5er garage with the chains.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 61