What did you do to your camper today?

sjs731

I'd like to replace mine but I don't have the guts to cut my gelcoat

Jig saw, speaker template, masking tape and take your time. I was leary too but it worked fine. Also watch the size. I couldn't use any speaker with a cover larger than 7" in diameter or they would have hit the trim below the hole.

Steve
2007 GMC Duramax/Allison
B&W Companion
2012 Sundance 3300CK

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Jensen offered to replace mine . . . but I declined!

Why would I want to replace junk with more junk!

I'll post photos in a couple of hours . . . got to go out and mow the lawn before the rain starts . . . again!

JohnD

OK . . . got the lawn mowed even though it was raining.

Here is a shot I took of one of the outside Jensen speakers on our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner

JensenSpeaker-P5220764.jpg

Notice that the silver cone has come loose from the speaker and is down at the bottom of the speaker.

The dealership that we bought our 2013 Trail Runner refused to replace the outside speakers . . . shame on them!

Both of the outside speakers on our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner (which we just traded in last week for a new Heartland 5th-wheel) are like this, which makes them completely unusable, and have been like this since the day we bought it (our dealer didn't seem interested in replacing them).

I'm hoping that our new Heartland Prowler that we will be picking up less than 24 hours from now (completely different dealership than where we bought our previous Heartland product - we will NEVER go back to the previous dealership) will not have this same issue with the outside speakers.

sjs731

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432858644.539863.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432858658.456531.jpg
Final install pic. The trim cover goes right over the caulk. Looks very clean.

Steve
2007 GMC Duramax/Allison
B&W Companion
2012 Sundance 3300CK

MagnoliaTom

I washed it...all 42 feet of it. Cleaned the roof and waxed the front cap. Getting it loaded up for a trip tomorrow

sjs731

I washed it...all 42 feet of it. Cleaned the roof and waxed the front cap. Getting it loaded up for a trip tomorrow

I waxed my whole rig when it came out of storage. I swear it gets bigger every year.

Steve
2007 GMC Duramax/Allison
B&W Companion
2012 Sundance 3300CK

MagnoliaTom

I waxed my whole rig when it came out of storage. I swear it gets bigger every year.

Steve
2007 GMC Duramax/Allison
B&W Companion
2012 Sundance 3300CK

I thought about waxing the whole thing... After 3 hrs of washing, I was done. Next time I'll wax the whole thing but probably over a couple days. Too much for one day

ndmac

I thought about waxing the whole thing... After 3 hrs of washing, I was done. Next time I'll wax the whole thing but probably over a couple days. Too much for one day

Here is a very good product that prevents me from waxing my rig every year. It works good an keeps it looking waxed all year around.

http://www.wegotgreen.com/John-Deere-Slick-Wash-p/ty16181.htm

I have been wanting to try this product also. Does anyone have any experience with it?

http://washwax.com/the-mop.html
http://washwax.com/wash-wax-all-cleaner-32oz.html

MagnoliaTom

Here is a very good product that prevents me from waxing my rig every year. It works good an keeps it looking waxed all year around.

http://www.wegotgreen.com/John-Deere-Slick-Wash-p/ty16181.htm

I have been wanting to try this product also. Does anyone have any experience with it?

http://washwax.com/the-mop.html
http://washwax.com/wash-wax-all-cleaner-32oz.html

Thanks for the links. I think I'll give it a try.

We are camping! Rains finally let up and it's a beautiful day!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432940164.005374.jpg

8amps

We rented a carpet cleaner from Home Depot and cleaned the carpets. Uhhhh... that water was gross! We usually take our shoes off, not obsessive about it, and have a dog. No dramatic spots, so on the bright side, the carpet is good at hiding dirt. The bad news is all that dirt was right under our feet. That was a lot of work. $30 to rent and $15 for the cleaner. Next time, I'll have a guy with a truck come do it. Not that much cheaper and A LOT of work.

MikeR

I got all interior filament light bulbs swapped out with LEDs. I also installed a hand bar on the inside of the screen door.

porthole

Retired
I measured the fender height over the rear axles, since that was where I noticed it after putting in the Timbrens.

When I was in the new car dealer field it was considered acceptable to have up to 1" difference in measured body height. It was the frame to ground height that had a much finer tolerance.

brianlajoie

Pulled the trailer out of storage today and a new tire was 35 lbs low. Pumped it up and brought it home. Took off the tire and went to Goodyear. The good news is that the tire is fine. So is the valve. I didn't know I had a slow leak in the wheel. :( Now I get to call Tredit and see if I can get a new rim brfore I leave for Goshen. Luckily I bought a new tire for the spare.

Well, I can't get a new rim in time so the spare it is to Goshen. Also Tredit doesn't carry the rims I have so we will make a deal for 4 new rims. Went through 3 tire inflators before settling on a DeWalt 6 gallon pancake compressor. No problem with inflating G614's any more.

Washed the roof and sides yesterday. Treated the rubber roof today. Also used a 3M scratch remover to remove the branch marks on the side of the trailer. Getting close to leaving for Goshen...

JohnD

5/29/2015

Today (Friday) we picked up our new 2015 Heartland Prowler P292, plus had a Reese 16K slider hitch installed.

Our first 5th-wheel trailer . . . pulls like a dream!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Guess it is time to shoot a new signature pic . . .

Attachments

• NewProwler-P1000041.jpg
    NewProwler-P1000041.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 272
  • NewProwler-P1000050.jpg
    NewProwler-P1000050.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 270
  • NewReeseSliderHitch-P1000052.jpg
    NewReeseSliderHitch-P1000052.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 270

JohnD

We spent the evening loading it up with our gear . . . tonight when I get home from work I'll install the two LED TV's (same ones we had in the Trail Runner), plus replace the Batwing with the JACKTV antenna.

This trailer was a totally different backing experience, but it still only took a few minutes to get it parked beside the house.

And no more screwing around with torsion and sway bars . . .

Even though the new Prowler is a beast compared to our former Trail Runner, I found it interesting that we can open all three slides with it parked next to the garage where we couldn't even open the one slide on the Trail Runner.

Hookem59

When I was in the new car dealer field it was considered acceptable to have up to 1" difference in measured body height. It was the frame to ground height that had a much finer tolerance.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, while I measured at the fender (because it was easier), where I noticed the issue was when I installed the Timbrens, which mount directly to the frame. The one on the passenger side is pretty clearly about a half inch closer to the axle than the one on the other side. That to me seems to mean that my frame is a half inch lower there. Still don't know if it's a major issue, but I may have my springs looked at just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Just added our signature sign to the Key Largo. LM 365 - you ain't got nothing on us.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150530_104017.jpg
    20150530_104017.jpg
    560.1 KB · Views: 251