What did you do to your camper today?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Today I moved the switch for the exhaust fan in the bathroom for the vertically challenged in the family. My DW got tired of turning the fan on and off with the help of a can of hair spray. The switch was moved from the ceiling to the wall next to the bathroom door and set at the height of all the other switches.

Did you snake the wire or surface mount in conduit?
As they say "pictures are worth a thousand words" !!

DougS

Doug S
Lyle, I took the fan shroud off and one side of door moulding. I then drilled a 3/4 hole though the stud into the ceiling (moulding will cover). I then took a 15" long drill just over the ceiling panel to the 3/4" hole from the fan frame. I was then able to snake the two wires to the hole. Paneling by lock striker was pulled back and wire snaked through to hole drilled for switch. Switch was wired in. Shroud and moulding cover wires and holes. Just a note that where wires past through holes, I covered the wires with two layers of shrink tubing. Blue tape on the ceiling to show area covered by moulding when installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 110

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Lyle, I took the fan shroud off and one side of door moulding. I then drilled a 3/4 hole though the stud into the ceiling (moulding will cover). I then took a 15" long drill just over the ceiling panel to the 3/4" hole from the fan frame. I was then able to snake the two wires to the hole. Paneling by lock striker was pulled back and wire snaked through to hole drilled for switch. Switch was wired in. Shroud and moulding cover wires and holes. Just a note that where wires past through holes, I covered the wires with two layers of shrink tubing. Blue tape on the ceiling to show area covered by moulding when installed.

Looks like another mod...
I like it when someone points the way!
Thanks

RottsNScotts

Well, I didn't do it but I thought it up, picked out the pieces and Wescraft RV in Fife did the work.

I am so happy, I might cry! VBG

The couch in the living room was not fitting my needs at all so I remodeled it!

Also, who thought up the faucet in the bathroom???? The faucet part is SO short, it barely clears the back of the sink! Good luck getting one's hands under the water! So I fixed that too!

Have to admit, my brother John suggested the garage addition!
Living room remodel.jpgDesk.jpgChair at window.jpgAppliance cabinet.jpgFaucet with water.jpgGarage shelves.jpg

I have SO much work to do in the garage now!

And Boomer wanted to be in the pics too! They had their vet appointment; he is up to 121 pounds! And still not even 26"! He sure is fun to work! Might start him in the cart this next week...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Also, who thought up the faucet in the bathroom???? The faucet part is SO short, it barely clears the back of the sink! Good luck getting one's hands under the water!

Yup!

Most of us have changed out the factory bathroom sink faucet . . .

CamperNewBthrmFaucet-IMG_2860.jpg

VKTalley

Well, I didn't do it but I thought it up, picked out the pieces and Wescraft RV in Fife did the work.

I am so happy, I might cry! VBG

The couch in the living room was not fitting my needs at all so I remodeled it!

Also, who thought up the faucet in the bathroom???? The faucet part is SO short, it barely clears the back of the sink! Good luck getting one's hands under the water! So I fixed that too!

Have to admit, my brother John suggested the garage addition!
View attachment 44505View attachment 44506View attachment 44507View attachment 44508View attachment 44509View attachment 44510

I have SO much work to do in the garage now!

And Boomer wanted to be in the pics too! They had their vet appointment; he is up to 121 pounds! And still not even 26"! He sure is fun to work! Might start him in the cart this next week...

Janet, do you live in the Fife area? My daughter lives not too far from Fife.

RottsNScotts

I just sold my house in Burien, closing in February. I am now a full time RV'er but will likely spend most of my time in the Pacific NW; I do love it here!

Another chunk of time will be in Central Cali as my brothers live there in Hollister and my dog training is in Delhi.

RottsNScotts

Thanks Jim! The living room remodel also gives me more floor room for the furkids. That makes Abby want to spend more time where I am along with Boomer.

The other up side is the lighter colors makes the space look bigger and makes the dark wood seem more like accents.

Again, VERY happy!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Jim! The living room remodel also gives me more floor room for the furkids. That makes Abby want to spend more time where I am along with Boomer.

The other up side is the lighter colors makes the space look bigger and makes the dark wood seem more like accents.

Again, VERY happy!

Looking good! Thanks for sharing!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Looking good Janet! How are Boomer and Abby taking to the full time life?? Hope all is well with you and hopefully we will get to see you at the rallies coming up this summer!

Rod

VKTalley

I just sold my house in Burien, closing in February. I am now a full time RV'er but will likely spend most of my time in the Pacific NW; I do love it here!

Another chunk of time will be in Central Cali as my brothers live there in Hollister and my dog training is in Delhi.

Nice!!! My daughter and her family live in Edgewood and we are flying out there Monday afternoon for a visit.

Bones

I installed my hardwire surge protector Saturday. It did not go as smooth as expected but I got the job done. Good thing I had an extra breaker lying around. Here are a few pictures. I didn't want to loose main power cord length so I separated the wires and taped them up

0423160809a.jpg0423160811a.jpg0423160811c.jpg

0423161106b.jpg0423161216a.jpg
I used another knock out in the panel that was larger and used a 1 inch wire strap since the 4 wire soow cord is larger. I purchased a knock out plug and inserted it into the former hole.
0423161105b.jpg0423161106.jpg0423161216c.jpg
I thought this was the best position for my set up. It was a little difficult getting to everything. lots of scratches. I may take some measurements and see if I can order some doors to match to make some access hatches. Under the electrical panel and the drawers are false panels that would be good to use as access panels. As you can tell I was using the kids seats for tables.

0423161216.jpg0423161232a.jpg0423161241.jpg
I wanted as little an impact on finished surfaces as possible and since this area is directly above the breaker box this would be a good spot. I fished the line through the side wall and cut a notch out directly above the radio for only the flat cord to fit through.
At the end of the day I tested everything and heard the contactor pull down and I was good to go no error codes.

MP_CS

Installed a Lend a hand on the side, dealer said they couldn't install, that there wasnt enough room. Proved him wrong

image.jpg

MP_CS

That is pretty tight . . .

How does the awning arm close with the handle there?

it looks like it would touch it but it actually does not, i had to notch the door moulding on the top bracket to get it over as far as possible. I didnt on the bottom bracket, thats why its mounted slightly ascew from one another