What year is my Bighorn???

Bigdrive

Hello,

Last spring I bought my 2009 Bighorn 3055RL or so the paperwork says. When I look at data plate on the front L/H it says it was made in 11/6/2007 ???

The VIN number is 5SFGF30269E011341. Is it like a car and the year is in the VIN?

Can anyone help determine what year it really Is?

Cheers

Gord

jimtoo

The 10th number of the VIN is your year model. Yours is a 9 so it is a 2009 model year. They do start or change model years a year or so early for some reason in the RV world.

Welcome to the Heartland family.

Jim M

Rickhansen

I have a 2009 BH 3670RL that was manufactured in December 2007 also. That is an added feature - about $150 option at the time of purchase, as I recall. It is a tactic used to maximize the loan values and the resale value of the industry, much like the fact that the 2014 model cars were available in July or August of 2013. This practice was later scrutinized and scaled back, I understand.

DonnyB007

Hello,

Last spring I bought my 2009 Bighorn 3055RL or so the paperwork says. When I look at data plate on the front L/H it says it was made in 11/6/2007 ???

The VIN number is 5SFGF30269E011341. Is it like a car and the year is in the VIN?

Can anyone help determine what year it really Is?

Cheers

Gord

i noted the same problem and immediately called up Heartland directly to see what was up. Initially, they said that mine was a 2011 and not a 2012. So, I told them what they say is critical as I will be taking my dealer to court if that was the case. I got redirected to their upper management and they confirmed that I did indeed have a 2012 model that I intended to buy. It was all explained as I see others have done so in this post.

Just poor business ness practice from my perspective anyway.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have a 2009 BH 3670RL that was manufactured in December 2007 also. That is an added feature - about $150 option at the time of purchase, as I recall. It is a tactic used to maximize the loan values and the resale value of the industry, much like the fact that the 2014 model cars were available in July or August of 2013. This practice was later scrutinized and scaled back, I understand.

You really cannot go by the manufacture date but the year is whatever the manufacturer says it is. Some 2013 models were made in 2011 and some in 2012 because they run that way due to the RV show in Louisville in January. They want the latest models there and so the 2014 models are now being made in 2013 for the 2014 show. Very confusing but that is how the RV industry works. Not just Heartland RV but all of them do that practice. Sometimes you might even find like a new 2011 or 2012 on a lot in 2013 as it was never sold.

MCTalley

Sort of like the January issues of magazines I'm already receiving.

Not as extreme, but our 2013 Big Country was manufactured in April, 2012.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Our 2007 was made in July of 2006. This no different than the 2015 GM HD trucks coming out in Febuary or March of 2014 as stated by my Chevy truck dealer.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sort of like the January issues of magazines I'm already receiving.

Not as extreme, but our 2013 Big Country was manufactured in April, 2012.

My '14 big country was built in May of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

Our 09 BH 3370 was built in February of 08. I bet we'll start seeing some 15's by the first of the year.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I remember buying parts for the 1999 Ford F350 I used to have. I had to know if it was an early or late 99 as it made in difference. Not to mention my age but I remember when they used to have a 1/2 year model such as a 1970 and 1970 1/2. My how times have changed.