Where are all the Landmarks, Big Horns and Big Country's??

NYSUPstater

Have other owners of these brands noticed the same thing in the course of your travels either while camping or everyday travels? I think I can count on 1 hand how many of these I've seen in total so far this year and sadly it's ONLY been a couple other BC's! By and large the most popular ones have been Grand Design(s) Solitude, Reflection, Momentum. Shoot even more Alliances !! Just yesterday, saw the most amount of Montana's than all year to date and they use to be all what one saw. Hoping someone can answer this puzzling question.

FWIW, here in the CNY area is where this is taking place.

NYSUPstater

Would like to also add that the dealers for the 3 mentioned are few/far between nowadays and seems like CW has picked up a couple lines in place of say Wilkens or Meyers RV dealers. Wonder why?? Again here in NY anyways.

jmarnell

We just returned from a trip from Oklahoma to Maryland, and we also saw quite a few Grand Design rigs compared to Heartland rigs. Interestingly though, at the Navy Solomons camp in Maryland, we were one of several Cyclones there. So maybe it does vary regionally. And I found the recent news very interesting that Camping World is starting to open brand specific dealerships. They recently opened one in Oklahoma City that sells exclusively Jayco brand rigs.

sengli

In all the years of being into the RV thing, we have really hardly ever seen many heartland units anywhere. But according to the factories website, Landmarks arent being built at this time. All floorplans show as dealer stock only. Until three weeks ago, about half of the big horns floorplans said the same thing. Now the website shows a lot fewer floorplans. We live in northern indiana, and none of the local dealers carry heartlands anymore. Some used to, but not anymore, really dont know why?

NYSUPstater

In all the years of being into the RV thing, we have really hardly ever seen many heartland units anywhere. But according to the factories website, Landmarks arent being built at this time. All floorplans show as dealer stock only. Until three weeks ago, about half of the big horns floorplans said the same thing. Now the website shows a lot fewer floorplans. We live in northern indiana, and none of the local dealers carry heartlands anymore. Some used to, but not anymore, really dont know why?

Guess it costs a little more to go 1st class!!. At least that's what by best friends husband says. Guess probly the same can be said about Redwood, Mobile Suites as well by not seeing a lot of them

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Guess it costs a little more to go 1st class!!. At least that's what by best friends husband says. Guess probly the same can be said about Redwood, Mobile Suites as well by not seeing a lot of them
As to the Mobile Suites, people pay a lot of money for the same problems as unit for much less

Agree see many other brands on the road vs Heartland rigs. A few HL units in the park where we winter but definitely outnumbered by Montanas and Grand Designs

NewHopians

We agree more other brands than Heartland. But,we are heading to Navasota TX to T&S RV & Sports. Strictly heartland dealer. Great people and good working with them. There is also Tiara RV Sales in Elkhart IN that you can deal with. We need more Hearts on the road. Sure a lot of Heartland rigs at the Indiana National Rally in June 2023.

sengli

Since landmarks are out of production, Tiara only has a couple of big horns on the lot. No big countrys either. They are only five miles or less from the factory, but seems like you just cant find any heartlands on the lots anymore. We used to go up to tiara RV to see a half dozen landmarks, many big horns and big countrys, but no more.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The dealership we purchased our 2021 Bighorn from, Campers Inn of Troy Ohio has always had some Bighorns and Bighorn Travelers in stock. They also carry the Sundance travel trailers and Torque toy haulers. But I do agree with the others, there really aren't as many dealers carrying Heartland products like there used to be, Makes you wonder what's really going on at Heartland.

NYSUPstater

Well the Montana crowd must be reading this as I've seen quite a few of them within the past week. Def more of them than the HL brands I spoke of tho I have seen a couple bit nothing earth shattering. GD is still leading the bunch.

CoveredWagon

We were all set to buy a Montana until we saw one the was special ordered ( just standard options) . It was delivered to the dealer as an unfinished piece of junk. I guess the dealer was supposed to finish the assembly. Needless to say we moved on and special ordered (standard options) a Bighorn. Ant say a bad thing about it. We've had a few issues, but those were with vendor supplied items.

jmarnell

Interesting that today on RV.com, Camping World's website, they name the Big Horn as one of the best 5th wheel RV's of 2023. So at least someone out there is still promoting the Heartland rigs!

mlpeloquin

It has been a while since we traded in our Big Horn. I have noticed in north and central California a decreasing amount of Heartland products. Then this last trip we saw just one. Along with very few Keystone products as well. We do see a lot of Class B and C's though. Perhaps it is a change in demographics. The youth seem to want smaller rigs. We even see a quite a few small off road towables. We do miss the room the Big Horn had.

NYSUPstater

It has been a while since we traded in our Big Horn. I have noticed in north and central California a decreasing amount of Heartland products. Then this last trip we saw just one. Along with very few Keystone products as well. We do see a lot of Class B and C's though. Perhaps it is a change in demographics. The youth seem to want smaller rigs. We even see a quite a few small off road towables. We do miss the room the Big Horn had.
The wife and I have gone about in many ideas as to what we want to do. Our BC is paid off, truck should be next spring, I plan on retiring in '28, she a couple years after that. So we've said: "Do we want to continue to live in NY, Go with a smaller 5er, Go to a toy hauler (more room for when family stays w/ us), Go w/a mid bunk if wife decides she'd like to workP/T tho retired on the road and have bit of privacy, Go w/ a Class C or Super C, Get out of RVing altogether and either still stay in NY or leave it". So to your point, think you made some very good insights and thought I'd share some of ours.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe it’s the pricing of different brands. Been to a few RV shows and once you get past the “lipstick”, they’re still pretty much the same animal under the skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk