WHERE ARE THE hEARTLANDS???

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Copied this from another forum. Interesting response from a salesperson who is supposed to know the industry.

"I attended an RV show in Pleasanton, California last week that was disappointing to say the least! Remember this was a heavily advertised
event that covered all television channels and was held at the Alameda fairgrounds. You paid entrance and parking for the privilege of looking at RV's they were interested in selling you. The advertisement stated many makes and models would be represented at the show...What? Yes if you count all the Keystone products and a lot of used Motorhomes, but very few other brands were present in 5th wheel models.

The big surprise was how few people were attending this event. I don't know if it's because of this economy, unemployment, credit or the fact that it's a Thursday was the problem, but it was a problem. The sales people left us alone to look, but when I did ask a question other than "How Many Wheels Does this Trailer Have"? he didn't have a clue! (And then only if he looked)
I was pacifically looking for new models from Heartland and Jayco. I asked the salesperson were are the Heartlands...Huh? He said are they still in business?... because so many are not! What a dumb answer!

There were a few Jayco's, but I wasn't interested in looking at toy haulers and bunkhouses.
This show had the potential to be something great, but was nothing more than a ploy to sell only what they wanted to get rid of!
In my opinion it was a huge RIPOFF! There are too many good manufactures not to represent more than what they were showing! "

Yesterday I couldnt spell RV salesperson....Today I are one.:eek:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wonder if Heartland wasn't represented because of a lack of dealers in the area. I know the economy is still keeping sales down too. Our local dealer still has an 08 3400RL on the lot.

Yianni

I was going to attend this show and looked forward to it for quite a while. This show was postponed from January and is usually a boat and rv show. They eliminated the boats. As it got closer to show time, I went online and checked to see what manufacturers would be there. There were none I was interested in so I decided to save the parking and entry money.
The closest Heartland dealer to me and the show has already closed one location and I heard the other was a possibility to close. When I look on their web site, their Heartlands are 2008's , 09's and I think some 07's. No 2010's.
I will probably have to look out of state when it is time to buy.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
When it is slow here, there is always something over there to get you excited.