Will this work????

Ks.Kev

Just wondering if anybody has got one of these and is it worth the money? Don't know if it will hurt driving my t.t. on to change a flat? Thanks!

sengli

I bought the exact unit the first week I got my coach. I havent used it yet, but it should work just fine. Many of the old timers said this is the only way they would change a tire now. They said using a jack is far more dangerous, and way to much work.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
How can it work with the equalizer that connects the two springs together on the axles? It seems like the axle on the trailer-aid would force the other axle to the ground.

szewczyk_john

I have one that worked well with my older SOB travel trailer. I have not yet had a need to try to use it on the fifth wheel so I can not comment on the new technolgy. My older trailer was a 2001 model year.

MTPockets

I have one but haven't used it. I got it after seeing someone do the same by stacking boards. This seems like a good idea; hope I never need it but I have it if I do.

Jim.Allison

Just wondering if anybody has got one of these and is it worth the money? Don't know if it will hurt driving my t.t. on to change a flat? Thanks!
Saw one at Tractor Supply, had a decent price on it, I thought about getting one too.

tmcran

I have one that is aluminum. I have used it on tandum stock trailers, utility trailers and my Sundance. Works great. Stable and don't need jack and all the boards to get the necessary height. Only way to go.

porthole

Retired
They work fine. And if your tire doesn't get off the ground you will still have the advantage of a lot less jacking.
I have been doing the same concept with three 2x8's stacked like a triangle ( my motorcycle trailer)

The USCG uses a similar device on all their small boat trailers.

Ks.Kev

Well, I thought the same thing just wanted to see if anybody else has one and if they liked it! So I will get one as well. Like tmcran said, don't have to carry all the boards and jack around. Soon as I get it will try it out first before removing the jack and boards from the RV. Thanks everyone for thoughts and opinions!

szewczyk_john

I second the thought of keeping the jack just in case. I had to use mine twice on my older SOB trailer. The second usage it raised the trailer high enough so that I ould remove the flat tire but then when I went to put the spare on, I found out that the axel was not high enough off the ground to allow the spare on. I had to use the jack just enough to lift the axel up about an inch. This was due to the slope of the area I parked at to do the tire change. I have found out that you are better off having items and not needing them then to need the items and not have them. Always be prepared.

Tombstonejim

I have it looks to be a lot bigger than that one. Made out of diamond steel plate. I use it with my goose neck horse trailer. The thought of trying to jack up a trailer with two or three horses jumping around would be scary. I have used lots of times and works fine.

Sandpirate69

Got one, never used it. I call Good Sam. Dont need to fight the racing cars on the highway

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have one, too, from our previous TT. It's in the truck bed, for somebody else's emergency.