Wiring Diagrams???

rutranger

What happened to the individual wiring diagrams for the various RV's? I used to be able to login (Granted its been a while) and pull up my fifth wheels wiring diagram and download it so I could look through my RV's wiring diagram to figure out a problem. It now appears that there are just a bunch of documents that you have to look through and then in the end they don't have what your looking for.

Thanks...

taskswap

I honestly doubt they even have them. They dance around this issue every time somebody contacts them, and I've come to believe they slap them together so fast now they don't even make diagrams. The way my Milestone was wired it seems like they just ran wires any which way they needed, with no plan at all.

Dahillbilly

no such thing any more from the factory, they just toss the wiring in there & hook things up; if it works good enough. It's sad for what we pay for these RV's

Charlieb

What happened to the individual wiring diagrams for the various RV's? I used to be able to login (Granted its been a while) and pull up my fifth wheels wiring diagram and download it so I could look through my RV's wiring diagram to figure out a problem. It now appears that there are just a bunch of documents that you have to look through and then in the end they don't have what your looking for.

Thanks...
I was able to get the wiring diagram for my 22 Chesapeake. (see Attached)

Attachments

• Electrical_Diagram_22_Chesapeake.jpg
    Electrical_Diagram_22_Chesapeake.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 32

NewHopians

I had schematics for my 2017 Bighorn Traveler 37SS. I got the electrical, gas lines, plumbing, Wi-Fi and cable. But, now have a 2023 Bighorn 3215RL and cant get them either. They should be part of the purchase package as it helps us and other places we have to go for service.

taskswap

Charlieb, was there more to the diagram than you posted? That's a useful plan view to be sure, but it's not really the "wiring diagram" I think most folks are looking for. In particular, although the legend has icons for lighting there seems to be almost no indication of lighting in the diagram - nor any actual wires...

A big challenge with maintaining a lot of these rigs is trying to figure out where something got routed. When I did my solar install on our Milestone I found that there was some 10GA wiring already in place with an existing roof penetration. It would have been really nice to use this because roof penetrations are risky so the fewer the better - and 10GA was perfect for my system. But when it terminated at the stock charge controller it was 16GA wiring there (not sufficient). I had hoped a wiring diagram would help me find where this splice was, but was told none was available.

Wondering if your Chesapeake has that diagram because it's a premium product? How extensive was it?

Charlieb

Charlieb, was there more to the diagram than you posted? That's a useful plan view to be sure, but it's not really the "wiring diagram" I think most folks are looking for. In particular, although the legend has icons for lighting there seems to be almost no indication of lighting in the diagram - nor any actual wires...

A big challenge with maintaining a lot of these rigs is trying to figure out where something got routed. When I did my solar install on our Milestone I found that there was some 10GA wiring already in place with an existing roof penetration. It would have been really nice to use this because roof penetrations are risky so the fewer the better - and 10GA was perfect for my system. But when it terminated at the stock charge controller it was 16GA wiring there (not sufficient). I had hoped a wiring diagram would help me find where this splice was, but was told none was available.

Wondering if your Chesapeake has that diagram because it's a premium product? How extensive was it?
No That's all I got. Looking at it now, I don't see any 12v info? wonder if it's only the 110 diagram? Having seen the spaghetti factory they have in the basement, I also doubt that there is diagram for where the wires run.

RoadJunkie

I think you are seeking an Electrical Distribution Layout Plan, but even that won't give you the actual physical wire routing. For any given coach, the only way to understand how the wires are run is through experience in trouble shooting and getting to understand the "personality" of your individual coach. For me, this is why it's so hard to go from the old familiar coach to a new, unknown, coach.

rutranger

Thank you all for your input. I was able to figure out my problem without the RV's wiring diagram thanks to a post on this forum with a similar problem I was having. I'm sorry I couldn't remember the individuals name who post a similar problem as mine.

I found out that when traveling for that past 3+ years with my Magnum Inverter turned on it wasn't powering our refrigerator it was powering our TV. I was able to figure out that the connectors behind our fireplace were switched when it was connected at the manufacturer during assembly. Thanks again for all of your help...