Woodburning Stove?!?

porthole

Retired
What about camp fires? Seems like they would have a lot more embers...

I watch those too, but they don't have the advantage of being forced up a tube in a draft. And any embers coming out of the stack are at least 12 feet above ground, odds are not being seen.

This is not he same thing as a campfire.

traveler44

I think I'll keep the gas furnace. We had a woodburning fireplace in the house for a while. Too much work for me and mess from firewood and ashes. But it was fun watching the fire crackle for awhile. I wonder if his stove is a corn burner. They are supposed to be pretty efficient. Tom M.

wonka

We used wood burning stoves in our house as well as our hunting shack, (an ATCO trailer) and never had issues. Since the dawn of time men have used fire for heat, kinda funny how all of a sudden it's too dangerous. I'd bet that a few early settlers and such were bit by not respecting the power of fire, but with the proper design considerations you can heat a tent with a fire. NOT saying I would take a $50,000.00 trailer and heat it with cord wood, but I'm with Hank on this one, as long as he did it properly there should be no issues. With the proper chimney, the roof wouldn't even need that extensive of modifications to remain safe. After heating our home and camp with wood for years, I can tell you from experience that there are FAR more dangerous sparks and embers coming off that campfire than rolling out through a proper chimney.

gpshemi

Since the dawn of time men have used fire for heat, kinda funny how all of a sudden it's too dangerous. I'd bet that a few early settlers and such were bit by not respecting the power of fire, but with the proper design considerations you can heat a tent with a fire.

We've learned a few things since the dawn of time (most of us anyway), and even some since the early settlers. They dumped chamber pots in the streets too remember. Doesn't mean it was the best idea...

wonka

Yep, learned quite a few things, but thousands of years have gone by and still using fire as heat. KISS a good rule to live by.