Water running out kitchen faucet when off and hooked to city water

diesel_doberman

I know long title. But first time I have ever hooked up to city water and I need to know how to fix this problem. I have a 2013 prowler. I hooked to city water and now a stream off water I coming out off kitchen facet. Turn the water connection off and it stops. Help please.

danemayer

Re: Water running out kitchen facet when off and hooked to city water

Hi diesel_doberman,

You didn't quite say, but it sounds like maybe you've been dry camping and the faucet works ok when using the water pump/fresh water tank. If that's the case, I'd ask if you have a water pressure regulator installed. If the campground water pressure is too high, it might be overwhelming the faucet, and other parts of the plumbing system. The Heartland manual warns to not let city water pressure get over 60psi. Most people set theirs to 40 or 50psi or use a non-adjustable regulator which is usually set to 40psi.

If you do have a pressure regulator, or if the same problem happens when the pump is ON, then you'll have to either replace the faucet or take it apart and replace whatever part has failed. Same as if it happened in your house.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Are you saying it doesn't do this when using the water pump and fresh water tank? It sounds like the faucet is just not cutting off - possibly a bad seal or missing internal part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diesel_doberman

I do have a regulator in place right before it connects to the camper.

It does not drip when we use the tank and pump, this is our first time using a city hook up.

danemayer

You can find "how-to" videos and instructions on kitchen faucet repair by searching Google for "How to repair a kitchen faucet".