GFI outlets not working

HI,

First post here, on my phone sorry for any typos. I did try to find a north trail sub forum but didn't see one for this. Hoping this question is general enough to be acceptable here. I have a brand new north trail 26lrss. During our last trip in a storm we lost three 120v outlets, all connected to the GFI. I don't have power at storage to check this and being brand new I just brought it to the dealer to have it fixed. They told me they all worked fine. We are on our 2nd trip now and have no power to those outlets still. The gfi reset and test buttons don't seem to work. To me it seems like something faulted the gfi, and the dealer either blew this off or misunderstood my problem. We are at the campsite now, just looking for advice - anything I should tamper with, anything I may be missing, or just take another day and another trip to the dealer? There are no fuses showing problem and everything else works great. If I go to dealer I will make them show me these outlets working this time! Love this camper just frustrated we don't have an outside or bathroom outlet that work. Any tips or advice appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Paul and welcome to this great forum.
One thing you did not mention is whether or not you reset the breakers.
Don't just look at them, turn them off then on again.
When you do get everything working again circle back and let us know what you found.

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the reply. I did reset the breakers last trip but not this trip so I will try tHat for sure. Will post my outcome regardless. One thing that worries me is if the gfi faulted during the storm it must mean water got in somewhere. hoping it's just a fluke

branson4020

Icantre Member
Don't know how comfortable you are with this stuff, but the next step after checking the breakers is to pull the GFCI outlet and verify that it has voltage on the line side. The next step is to disconnect the load side and try to reset the GFCI.

donr827

Don't know how comfortable you are with this stuff, but the next step after checking the breakers is to pull the GFCI outlet and verify that it has voltage on the line side. The next step is to disconnect the load side and try to reset the GFCI.
I would shut off the power first and then following these instructions to pull out the GFCI after the wires are exposed you can turn the power on and perform the check. I like to do this just for a safety step. If you are comfortable doing the check without turning off the power go for it. JMO
Don

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Paul,

Just curious if your issue was resolved. On my Sundance I was having an annoying problem with one of my GFCI circuits. While looking for a culprit, I found that one of the 120 lines had been nicked and was bare to the copper and anytime the humidity was high the GFCI would trip. I would love to hear what you found.

Hey Paul,

Just curious if your issue was resolved. On my Sundance I was having an annoying problem with one of my GFCI circuits. While looking for a culprit, I found that one of the 120 lines had been nicked and was bare to the copper and anytime the humidity was high the GFCI would trip. I would love to hear what you found.

Hi, sorry I never followed up; had some conflicts and I wasn't able to get the camper to my house. We just left for another trip and notice that one outlet worked one night, and Not the next....without touching anything. I'm going to have to look into it more for sure, but short answer is I don't have a resolution yet.