12 volt lights not working

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jon is correct. Remove the 12V fuse panel and check both sides of the fuse that runs the 12V lighting. Use a test light and see if the fuse is good with the light switches all turned on. The red wire is B+ and the white wire is ground.

nostrokin

while hooked up to shore power if I flip off the breaker marked gfi everything in the camper turns off. but if I go in the bathroom and push the test button on the gfi plug it doesn't shut everything off . and I do have 12v power to the circuit board its just not going thru the circuit board. what I think is somewhere there is a switch that flips over automatically when i unplug from 110, and lets it run off of 12v and I cant find that switch that's why I think its in the circuitry

nostrokin

Some one is missing something here, this has to be an easy fix. Get a meter or a test light out and trace the 12V power out.

I wish it was easy, its driving nuts thank god for warranty , called dealer today and told them everything I have done , and they want to know if I a job working for them . I dont know how to test circuitry

danemayer

while hooked up to shore power if I flip off the breaker marked gfi everything in the camper turns off. but if I go in the bathroom and push the test button on the gfi plug it doesn't shut everything off . and I do have 12v power to the circuit board its just not going thru the circuit board. what I think is somewhere there is a switch that flips over automatically when i unplug from 110, and lets it run off of 12v and I cant find that switch that's why I think its in the circuitry

Shore power supplies 110V AC to the Power Converter. The Power Converter and the battery both supply power to the fuse box and from there to the 12V lights. If the 12V lights work when plugged into shore power, any circuit board in the fuse box must be working, and should also work when power comes from the battery.

I haven't seen where you've actually said that you've measured 12V at the fuse box with the Power Converter off. The simplest way to check this would be to turn off power outside at the power pedestal and then check power at the fuse box.

nostrokin

ok , well I feel pretty stupid right now. I went out first thing today and was not going to give up till I found the problem. i was starting at the battery again 12v but that was all just 12v not a bit more .I thought it should read a little higher seeing how It was still hooked up to shore power and the converter should be charging the battery. so I went and got my battery charger and hooked It up, then unplugged the shore power, then looked inside the camper and everything was still running off of 12v ( with the 12v charger still hooked up). so I guess I just have a low or bad battery, I will let it charge all day while at work then check it tonight. I cant believe I didn't think about doing this first, old age can be really dumb sometimes . I guess because the slide out worked I just took for granted I had a good battery . but there still might be a problem, because the converter should have charged it over the last 4 days

nostrokin

I do want to thank everyone for the info , it was nice to know that I had help from good people on this site , thanks again now its time to go camping again , cant wait till friday