2 things height and torque

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
1. The information I have in the factory info is that our 3760 is 13ft 3 inches. Had a situation at the car wash where it was 13ft 6inches but when I went in the hose started moving, I climbed up and saw that the water pipe was going to hit the AC at about the middle. I used to wash our landmark in this car wash for 8 years. Does anyone know the height to the top of the AC?

2. I always torqued to 125 with the 16inch goodyears. The tire guy said I should torque to 140? I have not seen the torque specs for our trailer. The guy said it had something to do with the length of the studs

Alan_B

You’ll need to measure your specific rig height. It can vary depending on your tow configuration.

Hook up up the rig to tow, on a flat surface. Using a tape measure, measure from the ground to the edge of the roof. Then climb up and measure from that roof edge to the highest point, normally the front AC.

Ours actually worked out close to the Heartland spec of 13’3”.

rhodies1

In reference to your torque spec,if you wheel nuts are 9/16 then your torque spec is 140 ft lbs.

jerryjay11

When measuring the height be sure to take in consideration any arching in your roof. Best to take a 2X4, level it on your AC cowl, then measure for more accurate measurement. I always set my GPS for a couple inches more for bridge warnings.

Chainsaw

When measuring the height be sure to take in consideration any arching in your roof. Best to take a 2X4, level it on your AC cowl, then measure for more accurate measurement. I always set my GPS for a couple inches more for bridge warnings.

What kind of GPS do you have that gives bridge information?

- - - Updated - - -

Without taking lug nut off, how do you find out torque rating? I want to recall that we were told 110 for our BC. I hate CRS at times.

When you say 9/16 you mean the stud right? the nuts themself are 7/8 I think.

avvidclif

On the height issue. Realize some car washes measure the height at the middle. If your TV tires are on the exit and your RV tires are on the entrance the ground height at the middle of the RV may be over the limit since the entrance and exit are sloped for water run-off.

rhodies1

In reference to your torque specquestion , I have a book from Dexter which shows..1/2 in studs = 120 ft lbs
9/16 studs = 140 ft lbs..
Your size is stamped on the side of each lug nut.You will need to remove one to see the size in order to correctly torque the wheels.

orion7144

My garmin 770 is an RV/truck GPS and I have the option to set length and height of trailer.

What kind of GPS do you have that gives bridge information?

- - - Updated - - -

When you say 9/16 you mean the stud right? the nuts themself are 7/8 I think.

NYSUPstater

In reference to your torque specquestion , I have a book from Dexter which shows..1/2 in studs = 120 ft lbs
Your size is stamped on the side of each lug nut.You will need to remove one to see the size in order to correctly torque the wheels.

Thanks!!!

Chainsaw

On the height issue. Realize some car washes measure the height at the middle. If your TV tires are on the exit and your RV tires are on the entrance the ground height at the middle of the RV may be over the limit since the entrance and exit are sloped for water run-off.

Thank you for the observation. It makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, I will look