Will be buying a 2020 Torque T285 out of state and need to know the approximate height of the tongue. I haven't purchases a hitch yet.

roger c

Will be buying a 2020 Torque T285 out of state and need to know the approximate height of the tongue. I haven't purchases a hitch yet.

NYSUPstater

You can look up the specs for this online. Has to be 13'6" or less. What are you towing it with? Like rhodies said above, go w/ the B&W one rated for the weight or the biggest one they offer. Remember you should have at least 6" of clearance between top of box and underside of RV. The B&W is adjustable so if need be, can do it when you pick up the coach. Just bring tools for the bolts and a torque wrench.

david-steph2018

I would think this has to do with the tow vehicle set-up as well as the height of the tongue of the trailer.
I think the T285 is a bumper pull, so what is your tow vehicle?

dinosaur

I have an equalizer hitch which is adjustable, but I just measured my hitch (couldn’t measure the trailer as my driveway slopes and I have the trailer level) and the top of the ball is approx 24” off the ground unloaded. I have a ‘23 T285 with a ‘12 Ram crew cab long bed diesel truck.
Hopefully this helps.
And yes if it was a 5th wheel, get a B&W hitch as I have one from my old camper.

Hollandt

I have an equalizer hitch which is adjustable, but I just measured my hitch (couldn’t measure the trailer as my driveway slopes and I have the trailer level) and the top of the ball is approx 24” off the ground unloaded. I have a ‘23 T285 with a ‘12 Ram crew cab long bed diesel truck.
Hopefully this helps.
And yes if it was a 5th wheel, get a B&W hitch as I have one from my old camper.
I have not been able to measure but 22" sticks in my head. Based on the above comment that would match up as the hitch typically has to be higher. Hope this helps.