2007 Fall Houston, Texas Rally - planned (Oct. 19-21 - details here)

kathyo

Jay
Please put Kathy & Warren Feray on the list. Yes with God willing we will have sold the houseboat and bought our Bighorn. We keep praying. We are so looking forward to being at the rally and meeting everyone. We will be coming up on the 18th.
Kathy & Warren

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jay, I know the rally is still a ways off but what do I need to do to finalize everything? Send money somewhere? Call Rayford to reserve? OR Just show up? I have our route all planned out already (I got bored today) And could arrive early by a day or two if anyone else might be there. Thanks in advance for setting up this rally too. See ya!

Tom of Ypsi

Ray,

We called Rayford and requested to come early by 1 day (10/18) and stay 2 days longer (10/23). We also requested a site (#32) that is within the rally area so we would not have to move. Make sure you mention you are with the Heartland Rally group or they will try and just give you a site. See you there.

jayc

Legendary Member
Celia and Larry, there's still plenty of room at the rally for you. I'll sign you up!

Ray and Lin, all you have to do is show up and tell them you're with the Heartland owner's rally. About a week or so before the rally, I will send the park a list of all the attendees for them to check off. I have reserved 20 sites that are together, so wwe cam all hang out together.

Tom, that's fine that you called the park and made your own arrangements, especially because you want to come in early and stay later. They will likely give you the rally rate for the entire time if you let them know you are with our rally.

I will post a proposed itenerary soon.

jayc

Legendary Member
Here's a proposed agenda for our rally. Please let me know what you think..

I was thinking about the agenda for the rally. My ideas are:

Friday-arrival day-have a meet and greet in the rally hall with BYOB drinks, chips and dips. We can decide there what to do for a meal that night, or plan on ordering pizza etc.?

Saturday breakfast-pancake breakfast furnished by the park staff for $2.00 per person.

!0:00AM-Meet in the rally hall to meet the service people and arrange to have adjustments/minor repairs made. This should take most of the afternoon, depending on how much work is needed.

5:00PM Saturday-meet back in the rally hall for pre-dinner drinks, sit around and visit.

6:00-6:30PM- supper meal. I am going to contact a vendor to furnish the barbecue meat(s), probably brisket, sausage and ribs with everyone bringing a side dish and/or dessert.

7:30PM-Heartland representative speaker

Sunday morning-pack up and leave. We can meet either at a rig for coffee or at the rally hall before starting our packing up to leave. This park is very lenient with us getting out, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Houston Rally

Jay,

We will be joining you and the other great Heartland Owners at the rally. rally. We made reservations with Rayford Crossing RV today. We will be arriving on Thursday Afternoon.

For the name tags please use Terry Hershberger and Carol Hershberger,
Dallas, Tx.

See you in October.

jayc

Legendary Member
Terry and Carol, I'll put you down!

Also, on the agenda post, I said that we will have some service techs at the park to do minor repairs. Could you email me or post here what repairs you would like to have done? That way, we can let the service people know in advance if there are parts or tools that they might need.

Ray LeTourneau

I've been sitting here trying to think of anything that needs fixin. I got nuthin! Kudo's to Heartland! Since the bugs were exterminated nothing else has come up. I hope I didn't just jinx my trip south. SeeYa!:p

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Jay,

I do not have any items that need repair at this time. If anything pops loose I will let you know.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jayc,

The only thing we need done is to have the new blind installed on the picture window on the rear of the coach. Heartland already shipped the blind and we will bring it with us. Would rather have the techs do it...removing the valance and side pieces looks like it might be a real pain in the posterior!

Ken and Kathy

Ray LeTourneau

Ray LeTourneau said:
I've been sitting here trying to think of anything that needs fixin. I got nuthin! Kudo's to Heartland! Since the bugs were exterminated nothing else has come up. I hope I didn't just jinx my trip south. SeeYa!:p
Jay, I did come up with something I would like looked at during the rally. The large slide (dinette/goucho) seems to be sagging in the center closest to the coach. This is causing water to pool a little and also the seal doesn't come out as it should when opening the slide. I have to go up on a ladder and pull the seal out by hand. Thanks Much,

jayc

Legendary Member
I'll make a note of this and pass it on to the dealer that is sending the techs out.

Tom of Ypsi

Jay,

If there is some one that can fix an automatic awning that would be great. My wind sensor does not work. This was fixed after the Rally in Goshen this past June and worked but last month the wind sensor quit working. If I get a chance on my way to the West Rally I plan on stopping in Elkhart and while I am there maybe I can get it fixed there but I am not counting on it.

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Well durn Jay, I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to cancel. I just got a call from a friend in Hawaii who needs me to help her prepare for a dance contest she has entered. As much as I hate it ;) I'm going to have to go spend about a month or two in Honolulu, rent free even.

I was looking forward to meeting everyone. Next time I guess.

Ed

Ray LeTourneau

Eduardo37 said:
Well durn Jay, I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to cancel. I just got a call from a friend in Hawaii who needs me to help her prepare for a dance contest she has entered. As much as I hate it ;) I'm going to have to go spend about a month or two in Honolulu, rent free even.

I was looking forward to meeting everyone. Next time I guess.

Ed
Must be rough! Rent free in Hawaii for a couple months. My sympathies...:eek: