2009 Bighorn

3thumbs

We recently bought a Bighorn 5th wheel. My wife wound up in the hospital, and rehab now, so I don't know when we will be able to use the trailer. My question is that I pulled out the dinette table extension, and it snapped up, but I can't figure out how it is supposed to be returned to the "shorter" position. It is hot as you can imagine, well over 100 inside, so I don't want to spend too much time in there. My second question is how do the window valances attach? I had the chairs reupholstered and got extra material to redo the valances. I just don't want to tear up the interior doing this.
Thanks in advance
Dave

danemayer

We recently bought a Bighorn 5th wheel. My wife wound up in the hospital, and rehab now, so I don't know when we will be able to use the trailer. My question is that I pulled out the dinette table extension, and it snapped up, but I can't figure out how it is supposed to be returned to the "shorter" position. It is hot as you can imagine, well over 100 inside, so I don't want to spend too much time in there. My second question is how do the window valances attach? I had the chairs reupholstered and got extra material to redo the valances. I just don't want to tear up the interior doing this.
Thanks in advance
Dave

Hi Dave,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry to hear of your wife's misfortunes.

Hopefully someone who owns or has owned a 2009 Bighorn can give you answers on the dinette table and on the valances.

falk1rk

On my table extension you have to pull it towards you a little and then push it down and in. It is kind of tricky until you get the hang of it. I have not done anything with our valences so I don't have an answer for that.

Last edited:

wdk450

Thanks in advance
Dave

Dave:
Sorry about your wife, and putting your RVing plans aside for a while. My Bighorn is a 2007 production, bought in 2009. To get my dining room table extension back in (I just tried it), I had to push down on the extension, start pushing it in, and make little adjustments up-down on the end of the extension meeting the main table surface to get the extension into a slot on each side of the table.

I have had my valences off the walls, mainly for day and night blind repairs. The valences are screwed into the walls with angled "toenail" screws, the screw heads being covered up with valence coating fabric. They are cross head (Phillips) screws, although the RV industry likes to use square head screws a lot. You will probably have an easier time finding the screws if you have a small magnetic pickup tool like the attached pic. Start with the screws at bottom ends of the valances and work your way up to the top. I added metal corner braces to the valence corners, and also used those to remount the valences to the walls.

Magnetic Pickup_Tool.jpg metal corner bracket.jpg

Good Luck, and keep cool!!! (BTW, I found that one of those cooling towels that goes around your neck helps a lot!)