2009 Summer Plans?

cjbearden

Visitor
We would like to hear where other full-timers are planning to spend the summer months this year. We are looking for low humidity and temps that don't go into the 100's. Would be really great to have some fellow Heartlanders nearby.

2010augusta

Well we have not found our next contract yet, but we are hoping for the Olympic peninsula of Washington State, Cody Wyoming, or Pennsylvania, the Carolinas, or Virgina. We well only be on this assignment from the beginning of April through the beginning of July. After that we will possible head to New England. for the next three months.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
With the speed I'm moving here with the trailer and truck mods...I'll probably be here until the fall. Then, it's out to west Texas.

But, I got some high hopes for the this spring. Now, that I've got a truck, I'm going to attend some of the local rallies. These will probably just be day trips or a night in a rent-a-cabin.

I've got a class at the VA the second week of March to become a certified VSO/Volunteer. Gives me something to do while I wait...besides, it make the VA people nervous when I hang around.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well let's see. On the way North from Corpus, we'll be stopping in Spring/Houston for the Rally there. We'll then meander North to Rock Falls, IL for a week with our Son and his family then on to Wisconsin Rapids until the National in Goshen. We plan on taking 10 days to 2 weeks for the round trip through the UP of MI. In July, there's a Wisconsin rally in Wisconsin Dells. We have a motorcycle group thing in late August and a Fall campout in Oconomowoc, WI in Sept. Most of our summer will be in Wisc Rapids though. Our Winter destination is still up in the air meaning we're not sure if we're coming back to Corpus or looking for a different area. We'd like to take a month and travel West before ending up in a Winter warm place. Whew!

cjbearden

Visitor
Our thoughts are lending toward heading west after the National Rally, possibly going to Montana before heading to southern AZ for the winter. Have a hip replacement scheduled for June 29 in AR but seriously considering a longer delay in order to resolve some other issues prior to undergoing surgery again. If I am able to go ahead with surgery, that means two-three months in Benton, AR during the wonderful heat/humidity of AR. Will definitely be looking for a cool, dry place after that. The Bull Shoals area of NW Arkansas will be getting some serious consideration. We have heard that a park near the dam has cool nights even through the summer months. Any Arkies out there can confirm that?