2014 Cyclone 4000 Tires...to upgrade or not upgrade

Hi,

We have a 3 month old 4000 with 3000 happy miles on it so far. Last night, a Cyclone owner approached us and told us that we better replace the stock tires as they are a disaster. He told me that he knows of many people that have had blow-outs on the new factory tires. I wanted to ask if folks have had issues with new tires on the Cyclone? He told me that he upgraded after he bought to Goodyear and I would be crazy not too also. We want to do the safe thing if needed but want to see what others think. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If you search through the forum you'll find many, many threads with posts full of China Bomb horror stories. If it was me, I'd get the Goodyear G614s ASAP. (Yes I have them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TXTiger

I had two of my stock tires blow within 4 months and 4,000 miles. I was lucky not to have any body damage but I have heard of others that have. I would replace the stock tires before you have a blowout causing body damage. I was hoping to be able to store my new rig for the winter with the stock tires and replace them at the begining of the new season but didn't even got thru the first season on the road. Many have replaced with the Goodyear G614 or the Michlien XPS Ribs. I would also recommend a TPMS system for your rig.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We bought our 2011 Cyclone (built Jan 2010) used in May 2012. The sidewalls of the Towmax tires were showing checking. We replaced with Goodyear G614's.
You will never be guaranteed of no blowouts but the odds are a lot more in your favor with quality tires such as Maxis, Michelin, Goodyear, etc.

porthole

Retired
I got 5000 miles out of my OEM tires before one tire failed. Although, my TPMS alerted to the air loss in plenty of time to get off the road and put on the spare.
I replaced the tires with Goodyear G114's (17.5" tires and wheels)

I now have a bit over 15,000 miles on them and they still look like new.

Subdrv

Ordered mine with the Goodyear G614 based on feed back from this board and my father. We go the trailer in Aug and haven't had a chance to move it yet since we live in it and still work. Next year is a differnt story staring in Apr. Can't wait for retirement.

scottyb

I replaced mine right after purchase. The new Towmax layed on a pallet in my "organized junk yard", for a year. I just got rid of them yesterday by trading them to one of my sub contractors, for sending me some laborers to help me pour my concrete piers. We are all happy. I got rid of the Towmax to someone who is going to use them on an equipment trailer hauling concrete forms, and I finished my piers in about 1/4 the time it would have taken me by myself. Makes up for part of the $2K I had to spend.

vakthund

Ordered mine with the Goodyear G614 based on feed back from this board...
X2
We certainly feel safer with the 614 back there. Was going to say it was cheap insurance but it was not a cheap upgrade. Before next season I'll be installing disc brakes.

rog1215

Went through this with my last toyhauler. After loosing 2 tires and major damage to rig on maiden voyage to south Dakota we got a set of G614. Just got a complete set for this new rig. wise investment.

danemayer

Went through this with my last toyhauler. After loosing 2 tires and major damage to rig on maiden voyage to south Dakota we got a set of G614. Just got a complete set for this new rig. wise investment.

Hi rog1215,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for joining in the discussion.