2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Bobby A

I was under the impression that I would receive an email too so I just sat here with my computer on my lap, waiting! Not very happy but I did get registered. For what I am not sure because it was crazy fast. When I registered at 12:15 only 140 sites were still available. Didn't think it would be so stressful just to register!

Yea, me too !! I am very unhappy !! still waiting on the e-mail !! went through the back door to register and my site I usually have was gone already !! Not happy at all with this process, probably will be the last one we attend !!

jbeletti

Yea, me too !! I am very unhappy !! still waiting on the e-mail !! went through the back door to register and my site I usually have was gone already !! Not happy at all with this process, probably will be the last one we attend !!

Bobby - sorry you feel this way. The system had to send out 1400+ emails and it pushes them out in small chunks so they do not appear as spam to other mail servers. If this is the last one you attend based on a delayed registration email - we will miss you in 2017.

Hoping you can make even more Heartland friends, wherever you are sited at this event.

jbeletti

I just finished registration for the 2015 National rally. I was under the impression that you would be able to pick your site? The site you had in 2013. If I was mistake please let me know. Thanks

Kim and Dottie - sorry but the process was changed for this year.

jbeletti

Well I'm registered for my first Heartland National Rally. I do have a couple of questions regarding the registration.

1.) I saw nowhere to register and scheduling for the weighing of my unit.

2.) I didn't see anywhere to signup for Pre-Rally Pig Picjkin' on Sunay June 14th.

3.) Also, I didn't sign up for the bus trip for the Heartland factory tour as I plan to drive over in my truck. How do I get tickets for one of the tours?

Thanks

Hi Mike,

1) The rally registration confirmation email you will receive will have this in it
Rig Weighing Service: Click here to learn about Rig Weighing and to register for the service

2) The Pig Pickin' was canceled before it got off the ground. Please advise where you saw it listed so I can fix that. Rather than doing nothing, we're now doing a Pre-Rally Appetizer Meet and Greet - LINK

3) No tickets needed for the Factory Tour. Just follow the bus to Elkhart or use the map in this link

szewczyk_john

Just for the record we selected a ring road site so there is plenty of grass and less crowds for the three dogs. I like the trains too. Plus I get a little exercise walking all the way to the hall that way.

A question just for my curiosity. I registered early and was surprised by how many beat me to the punch because I could not remember a password. How many core team members registered before todays start? I do not care that they got to register first and they deserve and/or need to be located a certain strategic locations, I am sure. I am just curious as to how many registered today during the first hour or so of the process.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/16/2015 to 6/21/2015

Ok, I think we're ready for a National Rally. I messed up and let my HOC membership run out, just resigned and awaiting a number before I can sign up officially.

jbeletti

Just for the record we selected a ring road site so there is plenty of grass and less crowds for the three dogs. I like the trains too. Plus I get a little exercise walking all the way to the hall that way.

A question just for my curiosity. I registered early and was surprised by how many beat me to the punch because I could not remember a password. How many core team members registered before todays start? I do not care that they got to register first and they deserve and/or need to be located a certain strategic locations, I am sure. I am just curious as to how many registered today during the first hour or so of the process.

John - thanks for selecting Ring Road. Not a choice many would make but you've been there before. Thank you for thinking about others :)

Fair question on signups before today. For the most part, these were Rally Core Team, followed by Forum Moderators. This was all done during the testing phase - so maybe 12 or so spots. Then Region Directors/Chapter Leaders - a potential here of about 45 to 50 but probably resulted in 25 or so spots.

Note too that much of the rally core team will be on Harley Hill and most will remain there for the rally. This act alone frees up at least 6 sites we typically occupy in the NW section. For the first time since 2006, I will not be in my site in the NW section. But I'm still at the rally :)

See you there John!

jayc

Legendary Member

JD, looking forward to seeing you and Glenda again.

pegmikef

Jim, I just finished registering, but had one problem you should probably know about. We won't be arriving until the 11th so I wanted to sign up for the Amish Countryside Tour and lunch on Friday the 12th. It advertised it in the description, but there was only the option for the Thursday tour. On the Collectibles tour above it, there was an option for Thursday and for Friday.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hi Mike,

1) The rally registration confirmation email you will receive will have this in it
Rig Weighing Service: Click here to learn about Rig Weighing and to register for the service

2) The Pig Pickin' was canceled before it got off the ground. Please advise where you saw it listed so I can fix that. Rather than doing nothing, we're now doing a Pre-Rally Appetizer Meet and Greet - LINK

3) No tickets needed for the Factory Tour. Just follow the bus to Elkhart or use the map in this link

Jim the Pig Pickin' is still listed on the Pre-Rally Agenda that we see when we click on the link.

jbeletti

Re: 2015 Goshen Rally Portal

For those who did not get the email, attached is what was sent out.

Attachments

• 2015_Goshen_Rally_Invitation_Email.pdf
    876.6 KB · Views: 40

jbeletti

Not sure where you saw that many sites left, we saw about 25 at 1:40pm EST. Never did get the email. GREAT miscommunications.

Any of the portal pages have Registration info at the top. It shows how many days until the event and how many sites are left.

Here's a link: //heartlandowners.org

As far as how many actual daily registrations have been done, admins on the registration site are the only ones who see that. Terry is one of them.

Here's what I'm seeing at 3:54 PM CST (since noon CST)
Google ChromeScreenSnapz027.jpg

jbeletti

Need to make a change to your rally registration?

See details under Change Process in the following article on the Rally Portal.

jbeletti

Jim the Pig Pickin' is still listed on the Pre-Rally Agenda that we see when we click on the link.

Kelly - where is this link you are clicking on? I need to put a fork in the Pig Pickin' :)

The version that is online is from 17-Feb and can be found at this link.

On the Rally Portal in the Documents article, the first item is Agenda. It points to the same PDF in the above link.

jbeletti

Jim, I just finished registering, but had one problem you should probably know about. We won't be arriving until the 11th so I wanted to sign up for the Amish Countryside Tour and lunch on Friday the 12th. It advertised it in the description, but there was only the option for the Thursday tour. On the Collectibles tour above it, there was an option for Thursday and for Friday.

Hi Mike,

The reason the Friday Amish Countryside Tour and Lunch is not showing is that it is now sold out.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Kelly - where is this link you are clicking on? I need to put a fork in the Pig Pickin' :)

The version that is online is from 17-Feb and can be found at this link.

On the Rally Portal in the Documents article, the first item is Agenda. It points to the same PDF in the above link.

Jim - When I go to the rally portal and click on the agenda under documents I come up with a version from 1/26/15. Here's the LINK.

jbeletti

Kelly - when I click that link, I get the 2/17 version. I think your browser is pulling up a cached version from your hard drive. On the page with the PDF agenda, do a CTRL-SHIFT-R.

kkamshop

I didn't receive an email about when the registration started. I was able to locate the link before registration began and it was fast and furious.

I was able to secure site# 467

BC

Hello Bob! We will be neighbors, we are on 469! It will be great to see you again!
Ken & Kathy AmRhein