3160 mystery light

SeattleLion

There is a light inside the coach above the door. For the last few days it has been on continuously and I couldn't find a switch for it. Someone suggested the switch was on the remote. However, the yellow light under the stairs was not on. Just for fun, I clicked the "Light" selector on the touch screen. The under stair light came on. The light above the entrance remained on. I turned off the light under the steps with the remote. No change indoors. Then, a short time later, the indoor light was off! All I can figure is that it is somehow on a time delay from the under step light. Though, since the under step light was off to begin with, why in the world was that light inside the doorway on?

Does anyone have the explanation for this? It makes no sense at all to me to have lights that are not obvious to control. I can understand the one under the steps. I'm not fond of it being only on the remote, but ok. However, a light over the door inside?????? Is there some way to control this? What am I missing?

pegmikef

There is a light inside the coach above the door. For the last few days it has been on continuously and I couldn't find a switch for it. Someone suggested the switch was on the remote. However, the yellow light under the stairs was not on. Just for fun, I clicked the "Light" selector on the touch screen. The under stair light came on. The light above the entrance remained on. I turned off the light under the steps with the remote. No change indoors. Then, a short time later, the indoor light was off! All I can figure is that it is somehow on a time delay from the under step light. Though, since the under step light was off to begin with, why in the world was that light inside the doorway on?

Does anyone have the explanation for this? It makes no sense at all to me to have lights that are not obvious to control. I can understand the one under the steps. I'm not fond of it being only on the remote, but ok. However, a light over the door inside?????? Is there some way to control this? What am I missing?

I have never had that experience, but there is a switch of my control panel that controls the light inside the door. This is in addition to the door opening and closing controlling it.

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 64

Garypowell

I think this is what they call the "welcome back light". At least on my 3010 there is a single switch on the control panel that should tunn it off and on.

When this switch is in the off position it is controlled by a magnetic switch that works with the door. When you open the door the light turns on. After you close the door the light tuns off.

i am not in the coach and don't remember exactly but there is a time delay of some kind. I know it goes off after a time period if you close the door....just don't remember what happens if you leave the door open.

You could simply be seeing this phenomenon at different points in its natural cycle.....or something might be wrong with the timer circuit. I'd just roll with it for a while until you see the pattern.

But for sure you should be able to turn the light off where the other main cabin light switches are.....just close the door while you investigate.