Adding a second A/C

So we just got an 18' Mallard M33 and I want to add a second A/C after one day of ownership. Any idea of what I'm looking at as far as costs? Took a awhile to cool down and I think it definitely needs a second unit. Thanks.

danemayer

Hi MSDT-99517,

Congratulations on the new Mallard and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If your M33 has 30 amp electric service, it's not set up for a 2nd A/C unit, and you'd find it difficult to run 2 air conditioners at the same time on 30 amps.

Also, on 30 amp trailers the roof likely doesn't have the support framing or wiring.

You might have to look at roll-around floor units that exhaust through the window, with an extension cord running through the window to the 20 amp receptacle on the campground pedestal.

Hi MSDT-99517,

Congratulations on the new Mallard and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If your M33 has 30 amp electric service, it's not set up for a 2nd A/C unit, and you'd find it difficult to run 2 air conditioners at the same time on 30 amps.

Also, on 30 amp trailers the roof likely doesn't have the support framing or wiring.

You might have to look at roll-around floor units that exhaust through the window, with an extension cord running through the window to the 20 amp receptacle on the campground pedestal.

It is 50 amp.

danemayer

If Camping World spec'd the trailer for an optional 2nd A/C unit, the framing and wiring will be there and it'll probably cost you $1,000 - $1,200 depending on how much CW charges you for labor.

klp605

There should be the wiring in the bunk house vent for the 2nd a/c. There should also be a sticker on the frame of the vent stating something about the pre-wire. We have the 2018 M32 and negotiated the 2nd a/c into our purchase price, so I'm not much help on cost.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk