And so it begins

denverkas

Well we have had our new 2014 Cyclone 4000 Elite for a few months. So far we have really enjoyed it, but there are definitely modifications that need to be made. So I thought I would post what I have started doing to it. A lot of my ideas have come from you all here on the forum that I have read about and some are just things that I need to change because I can't stop scratching my head why Heartland did some things the way they did.

Well the first thing that I have done was moved the 6pt. Level up control panel. Why Heartland would put it so far inside the storage compartment is beyond me. So I moved it to a very accessible area of the storage compartment, right at the upper right entrance of the storage door.

uvu4yhu7.jpg

denverkas

Thanks Brian. I have seen his post. I got quite a few great ideas from his posts. I just wanted to post how I made some changes to some things. I was very impressed with the things that Duane modified and the things that I really liked that he did, I thought I might do some of them and put my own twist on them. When I named my post here, I didn't realize it was the name of Duane's posts, as I haven't read his posts in about a month or so.

happykraut

Denverkas, the way you modified your levelup control box is exactly the way the factory installed mine in my 2014 3010RE BH.

denverkas

I should have taken a before shot. It was installed inside the storage compartment on the right wall 24" deep into the compartment. I hit my head on the door reaching in there to use it once. And I always had to move things out of the way just to get to it.

Subdrv

I looked at my 4000 yesterday and had the same issue with the original location of the control panel. My question is was the wire long enough for the move are did you have to add to it. I like your location.

denverkas

I looked at my 4000 yesterday and had the same issue with the original location of the control panel. My question is was the wire long enough for the move are did you have to add to it. I like your location.

There was about 8' of wire wound up and wire tied inside of the front compartment where the battery is located. I cut the wire tire, unscrewed the control panel from inside the storage area and pulled through the few feet that I needed then re-zip tied the remaining excess like it was. Then I just made a brace from a 1x4. Painted it black and screwed it to the aluminum beam right inside the door then screwed the control panel to that brace that I made. Very easy.

It is nice being able to work the control panel now and still see the jacks, at least on the door side, come down or go up if necessary.