Anyone using the Barker Swing Free sewer hose kit?

MotoLynx27x

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade from the stinky slinky to a more robust or "permanent" looking sewer hose and stumbled onto Barker's Swing Free system. Looks to be easy to use and quick to setup. Anyone using one? Click the picture and it will get bigger.

barkermfg039003.jpg

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It seems that more often than not I am more than 8' from the sewer.
How do you use the system if that happens?
Stinky Slinky?

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What happens if the sewer location is "uphill" ? And when that pipe collapses for storage, aren't the sections inside a section of pipe where "stuff" was running through it just previously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotoLynx27x

If the sewer is located uphill, than the "sewer solution" or a macerator system is the only option. As far as what I read about the seals, they are self cleaning during collapsing and storage. There is a flush filtting on the elbow that allows you to flush the system clean before collapsing. The EZEKIEL Kleen system is modular, so sections can be removed or added. It can reach from 2 feet to over 17' depending on the number of straight sections you decide to run. Very interesting!

SL_3_Elbow_Kit.jpghqdefault.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Looks like alot of work to me. I think I will stick to the "stinky Slinky" hose for now. I have 3 10' sections with quick connects on them and works for me.

Westwind

I've been using sewer solution for 13 years - yes it might take a little longer, but I've found ways of working around that, usually cleaning out the tank the night before we leave and only disconnecting the hose after grey tank shutting. Quality of the product is the same as the one I bought and I'll be getting another hopefully unless it outlasts me.

MotoLynx27x

My brother in law has a 38' Rockwood Windjammer and I setup his plumbing and electrical systems and the trailer is stationed downhill and about 50ft away from the house. Electrical was a breeze, as was plumbing the PVC lines underground for the fresh water system. The 'fun' came when deciding how to pump the black stuff uphill 50ft from the clean out. We decided to try the sewer solution. I ran 1" pressure PVC line from the clean out all the way to the trailer, tapped in the sewer solution, and tried it out! Works like a charm, however the sewer solution drains soooo slowly that solids in the tank are beginning to build up and I'm starting to think struvites are probably starting to form on the bottom. Extra flushing becomes necessary after each dumping.

porthole

Retired

Interesting to watch. But, who has 100+ psi?

I would have liked to see him build a top and add the black water rinse nozzle.

The "sewer solution" would not work for us at home, we barely have 30-35 psi most of the time. I use the macerator kit for dumping at home.
And I still think I would like to have a macerating toilet in the RV.
Once we put one on the boat a lot of tank" issues were solved.