ATF: Bighorn - Nomenclature on replacement screws

patrick1945

At this point most of the screws on the outside of my Bighorn are rusting and would like to replace with stainless. I have taken one of the 1" OEM screws to the Big Box and couldn't find a stainless replacement or a knowledgeable sales rep.

So I am now going to look on the web but am unsure of the terminology I use when searching.

Besides Pan Head what else should be in the description?

Westwind

Skip the big box and find yourself an ACE Hardware or a good local hardware store, I just replace some that the heads were broken off during assembly, spray painted them white and put them on they matched perfectly, just the head type had a Phillips instead the the square screw hole.
For some reason when it comes to this type of item for the RV I just drive right by HD because it always ends up a waste of time.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
online look at mcmaster-carr.com, or grainger.com. grainger has branches all over the usa. mcmaster has 3-4 branches. you need stainless steel pan head phillips tapping screws. you don't need the square drive or the tek (driill bit tip) on the end of it.

donr827

I am late reading this thread so it might be to late to post. A good marine supply store should have a good assortment of stainless steel screws.
Don