Awning Fuse keeps popping

im_1406

On the cyclone 4200 (2015) the 15 amp fuze keeps popping on me. Can someone check their panel and advise if their awning is 15 or 20 amp. Trying to get the awning in, I risked putting in a 20 amp and it worked fine.

Im wondering if our unit got the wrong rated fuze installed.

Thanks in advance!

DocFather

Re: Awning Fuze keeps popping

It needs to be someone with the exact same size awning to compare apples and apples. Which awning is it and how long is it?

im_1406

It needs to be someone with the exact same size awning to compare apples and apples. Which awning is it and how long is it?

4200 has 3 awnings.....2 side, one rear over party deck.....all on mine go to a single 15 amp fuze.

im_1406

No prob! I appreciate your quick reply. It's a new unit, just picked up this week. Had the same issue during the walk through. The electrician came out and said the back needed to be re-crimped. Worked fine after that for multiple times thereafter. If course it happens again now that we are closer to home and nowhere near the Rv dealer.

cdensomnia

I have a 2015 4200 also that I picked up a couple weeks ago. Mine blew the 15amp fuse too. I would not bring in both awnings at the same time. I think they cut corners using the same circuit and drawing more than 15amps when both are brought in at the same time. I bought a big box of 15amp fuses since it appears most everything is using that size.

im_1406

Thanks for this feedback! I think living the arm hardware is helping. I have yet to open the rear (this wkend's trip I will). If you have opened yours, where do the slide out attachments go?? I can take a photo tomorrow if that helps.

Anyway, props and congrats to a fellow 4200 owner. Best of luck for many amazing memories.

cdensomnia

Thanks for this feedback! I think living the arm hardware is helping. I have yet to open the rear (this wkend's trip I will). If you have opened yours, where do the slide out attachments go?? I can take a photo tomorrow if that helps.

Anyway, props and congrats to a fellow 4200 owner. Best of luck for many amazing memories.

What do you mean slide out attachments?

im_1406

The back deck awning when extended appears to have two red clips to flick and release sliding bars. I didn't have time to investigate further, but I assumed they are legs of sort to help support this awning. No instructions came with the unit for the awnings.

Will hopefully take a picture this weekend.

cdensomnia

The back deck awning when extended appears to have two red clips to flick and release sliding bars. I didn't have time to investigate further, but I assumed they are legs of sort to help support this awning. No instructions came with the unit for the awnings.

Will hopefully take a picture this weekend.

I gotcha! Yea we had the same thing where we were given no guidance and in fact the dealer didn't even know there were supports until I told them. They slide out the ends after unlocking them then they go in the slot with a pin just outside of the ramp door frame. Although it wasnt a perfect match on those brackets we just kind of slid them in. There may be some better instructions on how those work but they were a little odd to get the end of the poles in. I would imagine I wont be using them, just roll the awning in when it gets the slightest wind.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Take the 15 fuse and go to an auto parts store and buy a 15 amp circuit breaker. Install it instead of the fuse (they fit). This way if there is an overload on the circuit it will trip and then start working again. Never install a higher amp fuse than is indicated on the panel. If you do....you can let all the smoke out of the wires.

im_1406

Definitely going to get the resettable type fuzes for this circuit. Had all awnings in and out multiple times now without tripping (needed a break in I suppose). Now, for the rear deck awning, where do the support legs go????! I give up. image.jpgimage.jpg

im_1406

Ok, I finally received the missing rear awning anchor point brackets. Need a few photos of where these get installed on the back of the coach. Measurements would be helpful. Also, where do the plastic strips get installed?? Here is what was sent to me: image.jpg

Definitely going to get the resettable type fuzes for this circuit. Had all awnings in and out multiple times now without tripping (needed a break in I suppose). Now, for the rear deck awning, where do the support legs go????! I give up. View attachment 35970View attachment 35971

Hippy

I'm surprised that the brackets where not installed out of the factory. Here's a few photos where mine are located. Also I can make a short video how to extend and place the support legs in place.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

im_1406

VERY helpful "Hippy"! Thanks very much. Imagine my surprise trying to figure out where eh awning feet go. I'm curious where the plastic flat pieces go in my photo. I don't see them on your unit. Guess I will drill 2 small pilot holes for each and tack them on.

Thanks again.

Hippy

Sorry guys. Still trying to figure out how to download a 4min video. I got it to compress but the in result is what you got. Nothing. I'll keep trying unless somebody can help me.