Battery constantly needs charging.

pegmikef

We have a North Trail 21FBS (2016) and when we dry camp, I basically have to pull out the generator at lease once a day for 1 1/2 hours. We don't leave anything on like lights or fans, etc. Is this a standard for North Trail , or might there be a problem? In addition, after leaving the camper for four weeks, the battery was dead & did not recharge well on a three hour trip last week.

I saw the forum on using two batteries, which I will consider as well. Any thoughts on actions I should take would be appreciated.

When we used to dry camp in our North Trail I always took two Trojan 105 batteries our of my golf cart and routinely charged them an hour a day (wife also used her hair stuff while generator was running). I ran a twelve volt fan almost full time and the vent fan. The refrigerator also uses your battery when you run it on gas. If you use your furnace, it uses the battery. The parasitic drains that Dan and others have mentioned or course are present as well. I don't think an hour and a half a day is out of line for a single battery. A lot has to do with the quality of the battery.

I wanted to thank everyone that has replied to my post about my battery constantly needing charging. What a great bunch of people. I now know for sure my battery is not up to snuff. I'm going to go out and buy two AGM batteries (class 29 or 31) and a battery cutoff switch. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I wanted to thank everyone that has replied to my post about my battery constantly needing charging. What a great bunch of people. I now know for sure my battery is not up to snuff. I'm going to go out and buy two AGM batteries (class 29 or 31) and a battery cutoff switch. :)

You will also need a bigger battery box for the 29 or 31. They carry them at Tractor Supply and Wal Mart, also on Amazon. Just search for battery box group 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk