Battery & outlets

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I just realized I left the fish tank plugged in in the bathroom. We're on a five hour trip today. Do I need to pull over at a rest stop and unplug it? I'm still not sure how the battery works with the outlets and such and don't want to drain the battery.

Jimmy

If your Fish Tank runs on 110 volts (Household current), you are good, the Household current does not drain your Battery. We could go in to deep explanation, but you just want to know if you need to stop. No, enjoy the trip.... Just to add, if it runs on 12 volt, your truck is charging your Battery right now as you drive.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Yeah. Its filter and light are just normal household plugs. We unplug and put them in the shower during the drive but last night we didn't bother to do more than unhook, so I just plugged them into the outlet in there.

Have to say I'm impressed with this little tank and our two fishies.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Ray, you wanted a picture of the fishtank, here it is. No, it's not a spillproof tank. We just put the tank in the shower on a rubber carpet mat (the kind that keeps the carpet from sliding on hard wood. We have a few house plants that we put in there as well. Rides perfectly. The fish (only two) seem very happy and are very active.

ben_jerry_RV_fish.jpg

That's them on the bottom left eating an algae tab.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks Alice! Nice looking little tank. I wonder what Ben & Jerry are thinking during travel time?:eek: OOOOh Noooooo....

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Don, I don't think so. They've never had babies. :) I think it's two boys.

Ray, we call it the monthly/weekly (depending on how often we move) eaaaaarthquake. :) I'm not sure what they're thinking. I almost wonder if they don't notice much. Being under water, it's harder to tell when there's a movement on the surface. Nothing under the water ever seems displaced when we get to our next place.

They're very laid back little fish. I wouldn't attempt this with a more high maintenance fish or too many more fish.

You can read the full story about the fish and their life in the RV today on our website.