Bedroom Slide

Flyerone

While retracting the bedroom slide on our 2014 3010re I heard a loud pop. Now every time I retract or extend the slide it makes all sorts of noise, one of the cable is pretty loose so I suspect something broke. How do I access the slide cables to look? Kind of disappointed for a 2 year unit that we have probably retracted/extended the slide less than 50 times.

wrgrs50s

It's a Bal Accu Slide. There's a service manual available under the tools tab above, or you can just google the Bal Accu Slide and download the PDF Service manual off their site.

It sounds like one of you cables may have came off the pulley

Flyerone

That's what I was wondering, I can look behind from the closet when It is partly retracted but there isn't much space.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
While retracting the bedroom slide on our 2014 3010re I heard a loud pop. Now every time I retract or extend the slide it makes all sorts of noise, one of the cable is pretty loose so I suspect something broke. How do I access the slide cables to look? Kind of disappointed for a 2 year unit that we have probably retracted/extended the slide less than 50 times.

You may have to take the bed platform off to get to the pulleys, chains, cables and motor.

My bedroom slide motor and gears are under the head of the bed. There is a small panel held on with a few screws that need removed for access. I have a picture somewhere that when I find it I'll add to this post.

de0e0b2107a5f6250aa966f5deb9e327.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Did you have to remove the mattress and platform?

Depends how flexible you are...but
NO I did not. What you see is under the headboard end of the bed so you can access it via that panel with the bed platform raised. I removed the thin luan paneling in the bottom of the bed frame because I figured I'd put a knee through it.
Access would be improved if you flipped the mattress up toward the dresser and removed the OSB bed platform however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Thanks for the info. I have the same model as flyerone and just read the service manual's troubleshooting section. It mentioned that if the cable hangs down an inch, then that is too much cable slack and it needs adjustment. I have one cable that is marginal and will need adjustment. Perhaps this adjustment will prevent future problems. I recall the cables were pretty tight, but from my motorcycle days, I know they will stretch. Looks like something else I need to keep after.

Flyerone

I will let you know what I find, the one cable has at least 3 inches of slack so I think it might have come off the pulley. Just need the time to dig in and take it apart.

sengli

We have the same system our our bedroom slide too. I had alot of slack in one cable only, but worked fine. I found when I took the bed apart to get at the mechanism, there were two adjustable tensioners on mine that had some foam crush pieces in it, and the foam had come out of them, causing the slack in the cable on one side. I adjusted the tension back, taking care to not overdue it.

Flyerone

I got the access panel open but how do I get to the pulleys, there is barely any room to stick my hand back there?

sengli

I am not sure how your bedroom is built. On our unit I have to dis-assemble the bed platform from the slide, and wall. Which sounds bad, but there were very few screws holding it together. Under the bed the mechanism was pretty much exposed to get to most of it.

Flyerone

Just a heads up, the other side had 2 broken screws. I don't know if it was adjusted too tight or just put together lousy.

sengli

Yikes, that would definitely do it, if those screws had failed. I might guess those failed screws might have been over torqued, and damaged.... that would caused them to sheer off. I would say those brackets have quite a bit of pressure on them due to the pre-load on those cables. I would also say that the QC stickers are for the pulley assembly from the vendor who made the brackets.

Flyerone

Of course it happen when we got 3 inches of rain and the slide wouldn't seal properly. I have fans running 24 hours a day trying to dry out the carpet. The moisture caused the paint on the door casing to peal. Another thing to fix, I am really starting to regret this purchase!!

avvidclif

I have the same type of slide except it is on the bedroom closet. It started squealing on the last 6" of opening or closing. Turns out the cables were mis-adjusted. They have locknuts on the adjuster which were never tightened and they moved over time. Lots of headscratching to figure out how the whole setup works and the adjusting was easy. Works great now. The kitchen slide has abt 4-5" of slack in one cable that I will have to work on another day. Mine are different in that the motors are mounted above the slide. That means that large trim piece has to come off to get at it, very carefully I might add. Oh and all of the screw holes were used on mine

I do like the setup better than the rack & pinion under the slide. Never had the hydraulic slide.