Bighorn is level but left side wheels are off the ground

SeattleLion

We have the Lippert 6 jack auto leveling system. We brought our trailer home a couple of weeks ago, but due to extremely muddy conditions couldn't move it to a relatively level patch of ground. We've had nearly a week of dry weather, so today we moved it to a pretty level spot. The auto leveling system was good with the spot and leveled the trailer. When it was done, the two street side wheels were off the ground about 3 inches. My assumption is that this is a normal condition, but just thought I would check to see if this is a problem.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Others with the 6 point leveling system have had at one time or another a wheel, or wheels off the ground. I know with the Reico-Titan Wireless Leveling system, we have had a wheel or 2 off the ground at one time.

Gizzy

We have the 4 point system and have had tires off the ground many times with no problems.

Hippy

It' been normal for us. Even though the spot may look level, they'll be one or more times it'll happen. There are sites we've been numerous times to include one just resent in another state where one side or the other the wheels will be off the ground. If you know this might happen on one side or the other, you might want to put a block so the level or levels don't over extended. System will try to level and continue till you shut it down because your on un level ground. Its happen to us..

SeattleLion

It' been normal for us. Even though the spot may look level, they'll be one or more times it'll happen. There are sites we've been numerous times to include one just resent in another state where one side or the other the wheels will be off the ground. If you know this might happen on one side or the other, you might want to put a block so the level or levels don't over extended. System will try to level and continue till you shut it down because your on un level ground. Its happen to us..

Our system shuts down with the message "Jack Overextended". We put blocks under the jacks that were having a problem and now all is well. I feel better now that you let me know it is a normal condition.

MCTalley

I'm currently sitting with the two off-door side wheels off the ground on the site we are currently parked in for a week. We've got a couple leveling blocks under each jack on that side to help keep the jacks from over-extending. Pretty normal.

SeattleLion

I'm currently sitting with the two off-door side wheels off the ground on the site we are currently parked in for a week. We've got a couple leveling blocks under each jack on that side to help keep the jacks from over-extending. Pretty normal.

Thanks. I feel a lot better now.

MCTalley

Lippert could say for sure, but that sentence reads as if they don't want you to lift all 4 (or 6) wheels off the ground, which I agree would be very unsafe. I do admit to feeling a little uneasy about having two wheels hanging in the air. We debated rolling back and pulling back onto some leveler blocks on our current site, but already had unhitched and had all the utilities hooked up. I figured I'd leave well enough alone. We've had 40 MPH winds today and a few days ago, and the unit has stayed very stable.

DocFather

Lippert could say for sure, but that sentence reads as if they don't want you to lift all 4 (or 6) wheels off the ground, which I agree would be very unsafe. I do admit to feeling a little uneasy about having two wheels hanging in the air. We debated rolling back and pulling back onto some leveler blocks on our current site, but already had unhitched and had all the utilities hooked up. I figured I'd leave well enough alone. We've had 40 MPH winds today and a few days ago, and the unit has stayed very stable.

When I first got my unit last July, some woman at Lippert told me not to ever level it so that any wheels are off the ground. I do not know if she knew what she was talking about but she referred me to that manual I posted.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I was in the first group that had Level Up installed in 2009 . The engineer who designed the system was there and after install the first thing he showed me was how to raise up the rig to change tires etc. I would have to say the warnings is the lawyers way of covering all there legal bases. During the winters months by rig sits with all the wheels off the ground about an inch or so for the last 6 years with no ill effects.