Bighorn Suspension

chckan50

I recently experienced how good the suspension is on the 2015 3160 EL. On Monday we retuned from the ocean which was our third trip in our new BH. I forgot to pick up the sensor for my indoor/outdoor thermometer before we left our campsite. I had placed it on the frame and after driving nearly 100 miles on some rather crooked and rough roadS I arrived at home only to find that the sensor was still sitting on the lip of the frame exactly where I left it.

I could not believe that the BH could ride so still that the sensor would remain. I was certain that the sensor had fallen off in the first few mile.

2008 Ford F-350 6.4 L Powerstroke LWB
2015 BH 3160 EL

MTPockets

I have our sensor mounted on the frame lip under a slide using industrial strength Velcro. Works great. We leave it there all the time and removed only once when the battery needed replaced.

Westwind

Our Thermostat sensor was attached with heavy duty Velcro and it stuck in place for two 3000 miles trips, what did it in I think was getting a salt and sand bath on the way to Florida this winter. So I sprung for another and right now it's got 1500 miles on it's odometer. I wish I could remember to take it off when we leave on our trips but I keep forgetting.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I velcro mounted our sensor on the wall under the front overhang, above the battery vents. It's protected from rain and in the shade. I can also see in the rear view mirror if I forgot to remove it.

View attachment 30012

Churchwell

Okay.. I am going to risk it.... and appear to be a totally dunce and ask.. What eve are y'all talking about...???

Carolyn

Mrsfish

After discussing the nice suspension of the bighorn, someone mentioned they had left their weather station sensor on the frame unattached while traveling and it was still there at the end of the day. That lead to where other people leave their weather station sensors. I like the cooler in order to monitor the contents ;)

dcwettstein

I put our sensor under the front overhang right next to the 5er hitch using water proof Velcro. This way, if it would happen to fall off while towing, it would fall in the truck bed.