Bighorn vs. Big Country Surround Sound

Pizzaguy

Wife and I are trying to decide between ordering a new Bighorn 3890ss or a Big Country 3560ss. Does anyone know what either of them uses for surround sound? I no longer see speakers on ceiling. Do they both use sound bar?

RoadJunkie

'17 Horn uses Jensen DVD/Home Theater unit to power 2 side speakers and a behind-the-fireplace subwoofer. No surround sound.

DougS

Doug S
We upgraded our sound system with a Vizio 38" sound bar that has wireless surround system. We did have to raise the TV up about 1" to fit sound bar and so the remote works. The base unit and two satellite speakers that sit behind the theater seats. We kept the Jensen radio system for local radio.

Oregon_Camper

I wouldn't pick an RV based on the sound system. :cool:

No RV I have seen has a quality sound system. It is clear this is important to you, so adding an after-market sound bar would be your best option.

esscobra

X2 : can t thm at sas club r target for 120-140 an sound -work really well
We upgraded our sound system with a Vizio 38" sound bar that has wireless surround system. We did have to raise the TV up about 1" to fit sound bar and so the remote works. The base unit and two satellite speakers that sit behind the theater seats. We kept the Jensen radio system for local radio

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We purchased the Bose Solo 5 sound bar, and replaced the sound bar that came with the rig. Like night and day!! Well worth the $$!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

My Bighorn came with a Sony surround system with Bose minispeakers, but I installed a Vizio sound bar that I think is much better. A lot of folks have converted to sound bars. As another poster already said. Find the floor plan you like best and get it, as you can always upgrade the sound system if you don't like it.

Pizzaguy

Thanks for the information. It has nothing to do with which one we will purchase. I was just curious because I didn't see any speakers like in our '13BH in either of the two new ones we looked at. We are having trouble deciding between the 2 though. We really like the Big Country floorplan, but also really like our Bighorn dealer, who is also closer. BH dealer doesn't sell BC. Not real impressed with BC dealer.

Mrsfish

My Bighorn came with a Sony surround system with Bose minispeakers, but I installed a Vizio sound bar that I think is much better. A lot of folks have converted to sound bars. As another poster already said. Find the floor plan you like best and get it, as you can always upgrade the sound system if you don't like it.

Mike- where did you put your sound bar?