Black tank spray hook up

When I run water into the port for the black tank clean out water comes out inside the camper from above my hot water heater from the black plastic piece where the hot and cold water meet in the pit cute below anyone else had this problem or what I can do other than take it back to the dealer AGAIN
2015 edge
imagejpeg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a picture of where the water is coming from?
I'm not sure where the hot and cold water meet.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi Paulie2211,

That sounds like your reverse flow/vacuum breaker is broken or leaking. It is installed in the black tank flush/cleanout line to prevent any back flow into the water system your getting your flush water from, city or tank. Some folks just eliminate the device (splice line together) and others will replace it to keep unit in compliance with the RVIA rules.

Jim M

I have taken a picture of it but I am not sure how to get it on here, but the best I can explain is water is somehow coming into my fresh water lines when I try and use the flush for the black tank

- - - Updated - - -

Does this reverse breaker go out often this is the first time it has been used we just bought this camper new and have had problems with everything since day one

danemayer

best I can explain is water is somehow coming into my fresh water lines when I try and use the flush for the black tank
If the vacuum breaker on the black tank flush has failed, you'd have water running out the bottom of the trailer. Is that what's happening or do you mean something else?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That is the vacuum breaker. It is cold water only.
You can call Heartland and request they send you a new one if you are still under warranty. Even if not they may just send one.
Some people that have had failures have just bypassed the valve. I don't know if I would do that or not. It's there for a reason.
Call Customer Service and have your VIN handy when you do.
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

wdk450

These plastic vacuum breakers are famous for blowing apart, especially when high water pressure is involved.

See post #12 on this thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54933-It-s-my-turn-Broken-Vacuum-Breaker-on-Black-Tank-Flusher/

danemayer

Be sure to use a water pressure regulator at the outside water connection. Some campgrounds have water pressure high enough to cause damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok thank you all for your help I will replace the part I do have and was using the pressure reducer when this happened.
What I do not understand though is why he clean out is even a part of the whole water system why is it just not part of the black tank am I missing something or is this a design flaw

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The black tank flush is a separate water line. The line goes straight from the hook up into the tank. It should not connected in any way to the fresh water system. Do you know how much water pressure is going into the trailer. I think HL recommends 55# max. I connected to high water (110#) pressure one time and had water everywhere.

danemayer

Ok thank you all for your help I will replace the part I do have and was using the pressure reducer when this happened.
What I do not understand though is why he clean out is even a part of the whole water system why is it just not part of the black tank am I missing something or is this a design flaw

The vacuum breaker on the black tank flush is there to prevent contamination of your water hose and campground water.