Bonus Wheels on My 3400

jimtoo

I just picked up my 08 3055RL. I also checked my tires and wheels. Wheels are rated at 3750lbs max load and 110# preasure. Tires are Mission Load Max Radial E rated, 3520lbx max load @ 80#. This is improvement over what was on my 06 3055RL. :D

I also weighed on the way home from dealer, with 1/2 tank water, front A/C, dual pane windows, Trailair hitch installed, nothing else in unit, not even an empty beer can. Trailer wheel weight, 9990#, truck wheel weight with trailer on, 10,450#, minus weight of truck, 7990# gives pin weight of 2460# empty, so weight of trailer is 12,450#. Allowing 1000# for options listed and water, it is still 1000# over listed dry weight in specification list. But that is OK, My GMC can handle it. :D

Merry Christmas to all.

Jim and Bette

PS: Some of the extra weight for the new model is probably due to going to wooden floor joist now, and dropped frame. I love the huge storage area now.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wood floor joists

I noticed in the new construction book on the Heartland website that they were using 2X3's for the main floor now. I wonder when they started that and how would one know if they have wood??? Stud sensor maybe??
Mine was built in June of 2006. Ser.#4995