Cable snapped on slide out!

Lizabeth

We own a 2016 Heartland Wilderness2750RL and the main cable to the slide out snapped when we put it out today. We called the CW dealer we bought it from and it is covered under warranty. We are basically stuck where we are until #1 - we can find some slide "locks", #2 - we can get the slide back in (I was told today that this model doesn't have a manual crank, we'd have to just push it back in), #3 - we can get through the "red tape" with the warranty. Several places are closed for the Holidays and our CW dealer "seems" to have a great deal of difficulty getting an direct answer.

Who, at Heartland, can we call to get this repair work done as quickly as possible? How can we move the "red tape" along?

Help!

danemayer

Hi Lizabeth,

Sorry to hear you're stuck. Dealers are supposed to just handle repairs for you, without exposing you to how the system works, but you can probably help move things along if you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Unfortunately, at this time of year it's possible the factory may be closed until after the new year. But it's worth a call to find out.

gasman

Camp Socializer
You could probably make your own slide lockers. Once you get the slide in, cut a couple of 2 x 4s the correct length to go from the inside wall to the back side of the slide frame. You may want to put a rag on each end of the board to prevent any damage. Don't wedge against the trim board around the slide as it will pop off.

Lizabeth

Hi Lizabeth,

Sorry to hear you're stuck. Dealers are supposed to just handle repairs for you, without exposing you to how the system works, but you can probably help move things along if you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Unfortunately, at this time of year it's possible the factory may be closed until after the new year. But it's worth a call to find out.

Thank you. I called Heartland and couldn't reach anyone at any extension. It didn't say they are closed but I must assume that they are or are too busy to answer. I left a message. Hopefully they will get back in touch soon! :)

Lizabeth

You could probably make your own slide lockers. Once you get the slide in, cut a couple of 2 x 4s the correct length to go from the inside wall to the back side of the slide frame. You may want to put a rag on each end of the board to prevent any damage. Don't wedge against the trim board around the slide as it will pop off.

Thank you! We are planning to do that. The closest RV store that has locks is over an hour away so I think we will go the 2 x 4 route.