Camping on/near KY bourbon trail

Kbvols

We stayed at the Louisville South KOA last year when we did the bourbon trail. Was close to Makers Mark, Jim Beam, Heaven Hills to south and Bulleit and Evan Wiliams to the North in Louisville. We stayed at the Elkhorn campground in Frankfort which was a very nice well kept family owned park. We went to Woodford Reserve which we thought was the best distillery, Wild Turkey and Four Roses. We pushed to see those in 4 days. Planning on going back closer to Lexington this year to hit Town Branch and Buffalo Trace. Enjoy it is a lot of fun.

BTW Makers Mark is a great distillery also. You can hand dip your own bottle which is cool. I have a hand dipped Makers 46 I am saving for when I retire if I can resist that long. You can also become an Ambassador which is free and offers some cool little perks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VKTalley

Can anyone recommend a campground that is convenient to doing the KY Bourbon Trail tours?

If you decide to stay in the Lexington area, there are two other campgrounds besides the one in Frankfort.
One is Whispering Hills just north of Georgetown off I-75. We stayed there last year during the Kentucky rally and will be there again this coming April for a long weekend as we are going to alumni weekend at Transylvania University (Lexington), hubby's alma mater.
Other is the Kentucky Horse Park, and it is an older park that is fairly well maintained but is water/electric only at the sites but they do have dump stations.

A distillery not listed on the bourbon trail but is worth a visit is Buffalo Trace, Frankfort, KY. We toured it last year.

Jim.Allison

There are several around Bardstown. The one we stayed at, it was peaceful and not very expensive, the people were genuinely interested in our well being. I have a record of it, but I will have to look around for it.

Can anyone recommend a campground that is convenient to doing the KY Bourbon Trail tours?