Coax TV Layout for Gateway

I have a 2013 Gateway 3200RS with some TV signal issues and can't find a schematic of the coax layout for troubleshooting. I looked in the "Tools" and can't find one. Does anybody know if I can get one? Or, I assume that one of the listed schematics is the same as mine. Question is, which one?:confused::confused:

danemayer

Hi captaintony,

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may be able to email you the Gateway drawing.

GWRam

captaintony,
If you do get a gateway coax schematic from Heartland please submit it to the moderators so it can be added to the forum resources. I would like to see one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
What are your issues . . . maybe we can help?

If your trailer is wired the way both of the Heartland trailers we've owned . . . a schematic won't help!

Both of them were all wired up completely backwards and I had to track it all down myself (our Prowler with the help of Danemayer at the Colorado HOC Fall Rally in Central City last September).

Our Prowler is at the dealership right now getting warranty repairs done, and the TV wiring is part of the holdup!

I have it working and ran correctly, but had to remove all of the splitters and run the coax direct to both TV's.

When I explained (several times now) what I did (pretty simple, really) . . . the techies at the dealership give me that "headlights in the deer's eyes" look! :eek:

I may just tell them to skip it and finish that part myself as I am afraid they will screw it up just like it was from the factory.

Thanks JohnD,
A schematic will show me what it should be. I think it is not. When I hook up the satellite coax at the UDC there is no signal at the living room tv. I tried both coax hookups there and at the tv. I disconnected the coax directly under the slide which is under the tv and after I replaced one connector I get signal to the tv when I hook up there from the house satellite coax. This is a temporary fix. However, no signal from the antenna on the roof. I have a portable automatic dome for the Directv satellite. I also removed the wall in the basement to inspect the splitter under the front bedroom but ran out of time (work got in the way) and put it back together. I do not have a tv in the bedroom although there are hookups. Don't want one there but I tried the hookups there with a smaller tv and no signal.

danemayer

Thanks JohnD,
A schematic will show me what it should be. I think it is not. When I hook up the satellite coax at the UDC there is no signal at the living room tv. I tried both coax hookups there and at the tv. I disconnected the coax directly under the slide which is under the tv and after I replaced one connector I get signal to the tv when I hook up there from the house satellite coax. This is a temporary fix. However, no signal from the antenna on the roof. I have a portable automatic dome for the Directv satellite. I also removed the wall in the basement to inspect the splitter under the front bedroom but ran out of time (work got in the way) and put it back together. I do not have a tv in the bedroom although there are hookups. Don't want one there but I tried the hookups there with a smaller tv and no signal.
captaintony,

The splitter under the front bedroom, if it has an outlet in the basement storage, would not be for satellite, but rather for OTA antenna and cable. On most trailers, the outside connector for cable goes to the signal booster, where it is combined with the OTA antenna coax. The signal booster is often in the bedroom, and the coax continues from there to the basement storage, and on to the living room. None of these connections, nor the signal booster, will pass satellite signals.

I'm assuming you are dropping a coax line from the rooftop dish down the side of the trailer to the UDC to connect to the satellite input. If instead, there was a satellite coax connection on the roof, in order to use it, there's probably a jumper required in the UDC. On Landmarks and Bighorns, for example, there are 2 coax connections on the roof that terminate in the UDC. When using a rooftop dish, those connectors have to be jumpered to a matching set in the UDC to pass the signal to the living room and bedroom.

I don't know if Gateways come with rooftop wiring, and I don't know if they have satellite connections to the bedroom - maybe just to the living room.

I'm attaching a drawing of our Rushmore UDC connections to help illustrate.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 27
Thanks Danemayer,
I got the schematic you sent me and it jogged my memory. I remember when I hooked up satellite tv to my previous travel trailer and I had to run a separate coax with a dedicated separate connector to the outside. I still think I need the schematic from the factory to trouble shoot the OTA signal. I do not plan to install a roof dish and I will be using my portable automatic dome dish. So, I think the simple solution is to drill and install a connector for the satellite in the slide next to the tv in the living room. I will not be putting a tv in the bedroom.