Commode Burp

OldTanker

I'm revisiting the thread to give a follow up to my case. The commode no longer burps and spits back. I finally had to use the fill the tank and let sit approach along with the use of some regular Mr Plumber drain cleaner. That seemed to do the trick. It cleared the partial blockage and it returned to normal operation. Since then I have been religiously adding 2 caps of halgon water softener and a heavy squirt of blue Dawn dishwashing detergent to the freshly dumped tank. In addition I have trained the wife to put water in the bowl BEFORE using it as well as cut paper consumption. I am still underwhelmed by the "bright person" who set the design where the down tube actually doesn't go straight down into the tank but crosses horizontally some distance. What the **** were they thinking?!?!?!?

whp4262

I'm revisiting the thread to give a follow up to my case. The commode no longer burps and spits back. I finally had to use the fill the tank and let sit approach along with the use of some regular Mr Plumber drain cleaner. That seemed to do the trick. It cleared the partial blockage and it returned to normal operation. Since then I have been religiously adding 2 caps of halgon water softener and a heavy squirt of blue Dawn dishwashing detergent to the freshly dumped tank. In addition I have trained the wife to put water in the bowl BEFORE using it as well as cut paper consumption. I am still underwhelmed by the "bright person" who set the design where the down tube actually doesn't go straight down into the tank but crosses horizontally some distance. What the **** were they thinking?!?!?!?

They were probably thinking you would put water in the bowl before using it and use less TP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedS

Domestic installation warns to not install the toilet to a horizontal pipe. They must know something.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yeah, I was really bummed out that I didn't even get a nomination for dumbest video of the year. They said I could come, but I had to bring my own gloves and toilet brush. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Under your sink there is a diaphragm valve. It allows air flow .I had to replace both of mine . they sit on the top of the black pipe

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk