Cyclone - upholstery

ksmelt

Hi I am new here on this forum and have a question. We have a 2012 Cyclone model 3800 we bought this beautiful camper new in March of 2012. Like all new campers we had a few problems that were fixed by the dealer. Now that the camper is 6 yr old we have some issues. The main problem is the upholstery which I noticed in 2013 there were a few cracks and spots where it was peeling. (wish I would of contacted the dealer ASAP) Every year it seems to get worse. we are now at the point I have sheets over the couches and loveseat to cover it up. On 12/8/16 I called the phone # on the wonderful list in the camper and was told there is only a 1 yr warranty, the rep was very rude. July of 2017 I sent a letter to the company with pictures and have not heard back. Is anyone else having this problem? Why hasn't the company answered me? Do they really only have a 1 yr warranty on furniture, after all we don't set on the couch that often, we are outside enjoying the great outdoors.

danemayer

Hi ksmelt,

The coach itself is warranted against manufacturing defects by Heartland for 1 year. The furniture, appliances, and some of the components are warranted by their respective manufacturers; most for 1 year, a few items might be covered for 2 years. But nothing in your coach is warranted for 6 years.

Having gotten 6 years of use out of the furniture, your best bet now would probably be to start shopping new furniture.

Last edited by a moderator:

porthole

Retired
Having gotten 6 years of use out of the furniture, your best bet now would probably be to start shopping new furniture.

If you knew what toy hauler furniture was, you would have a different opinion. Not so much regarding the warranty, but shopping for new.

danemayer

If you knew what toy hauler furniture was, you would have a different opinion. Not so much regarding the warranty, but shopping for new.
Duane,

Do you have a different idea on how to resolve the problem? Please feel free to contribute.

porthole

Retired
Duane,

Do you have a different idea on how to resolve the problem? Please feel free to contribute.

No I do not.

Toy Hauler furniture for the most part is made to fit the specific RV. Without pictures to see exactly what they have is not conducive to offering ideas.

On ours there is no furniture that can be replaced with anything other then what was installed originally. For some portions of the furniture I have a several yards of the material used, so I could replace those parts.
Where there is vinyl I would have to have it replaced with something other then original. And where the couch is embroidered with the Cyclone emblem - well that would have to go if I had to recover the existing furniture.

ksmelt

You are correct the furniture is made to fit the camper. we may be able to get a new love seat to fit where the current one is, but the couch has storage under it and is made specific for the area it covers. We are willing to take it back to the factory and have them reupholster if necessary. attached are the pictures of both. thanks for your input.

ksucats

All of the furniture is purchased from third parties; I think I've seem some lately coming from LCI (Lippert Industries) but others came from FlexSteel and others. If it were me I'd just look for a local upholstery repair shop / person and go that way. Get to pick your own fabric / covering material as well as reinforce the furniture if anything wearing out.

porthole

Retired
Toy Hauler furniture tends to be "built to fit" to the application.

Attachments

• Cyclone_int_27 copy.jpg
    Cyclone_int_27 copy.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Cyclone_int_01 copy.jpg
    Cyclone_int_01 copy.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 39