Diamond by appearance

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
I have traveled in my Bighorn 3580RL (2009) now for 4 years and have began to notice things that would never have been noticed unless you spend time in it. Some were noticed soon but others were hidden until I had to repair something, still a very nice rig and we love it:

1. Vents on fireplace 1" difference side to side
2. Surround sound not wired
3. Storage under stairs stapled with 4 staples and broke through
4. Screens in two windows held in by bent paperclips
5. Plastic one way valve on water heater (broke flooding basement and under rig)
6. Mirror door (double) on entry was same door on both sides only one was upside down
7. Seals on one end of glide outs do not touch surface
8. Decorative wood split and loose
9. Window surrounds and valances are an absolute joke in workmanship. Screws put through the material into the wall with no bracket. Most have fallen off and are broken. Material wrapped and glued with strings hanging.
10. Awning long ago stopped working
11. MDF under bed 3" longer on one side (cut at an angle)
12. Windows that don't seal
13. Corner moldings will not stay one (stapled UNDER the material cover)
14. EVERY SINGLE cheaply made shade is broken and will not move. All strings have broken.
15. Exterior surface under bedroom near mount is coming off
16. ALL of the decals are shrunk and coming off
17. PEX lines that have 2 or 3 splices (some within 4 inches of connection)
18. Toilet had only ONE screw holding it down
19. Fan over stove not wired
20. Battery covers not installed correctly (jammed down on wires with screws and wires not routed out)
21. Battery vents not connected
22. Fender flares cracked where screws were installed incorrectly

Many other items show themselves on a regular basis. The worst part of all is after trying to get Heartland to fix them the comment I now get is "this rig is no longer under warranty!" I fixed most of them and had pros do the rest.

Last edited: