Do my wheels have a max PSI rating?

taken

Hi all,

I have these wheels on my new 2013 Road Warrior 30C. http://customtrailerwheels.com/prod...ype_T07_Black_Trailer_Wheel_8_Hole-pid82.html They came with the Tow Max load range E tires that I've read so many bad things about. I was thinking of changing to bolt in solid valve stems and Goodyear G614's. The wheels show a rating of 3750 but don't list a max air pressure. I emailed Mike Alpin of Heartland. He said he's not 100% sure and to contact customer service to verify, but he thinks when units go out with the Goodyear G tires the same wheels are used as when the Towmax E tires are put on a trailer. I didn't call customer service yet as they are closed for the weekend, but thought maybe someone here could verify. Does anyone here have the Type T07 wheels with the Goodyears running at 110psi? Also, has anyone had their tires/wheels balanced?

rick_debbie_gallant

I believe the rims are stamped or marked in some fashion with the max air pressure and perhaps the load rating. I know mine have the max air pressure rating stamped. hope this helps

taken

Wow, so I guess no one read what I was asking. I know all about needing 110 psi to get the rating out of the G tires and have seen the chart posted many times. I have all the info I could ever need on the tires, just need to know about the wheels that my trailer came with. What I want to know is what the wheels I have are rated for psi wise. They are stamped with their weight rating of 3750 but not a psi rating. I was hoping someone else had ordered G's from the factory and had these rims as well could confirm the match.

jnbhobe

Well to me if I read the chart right your wheels have to be good because there is no 16" tire that is rated for 3750# at less than 110psi.

taken

I suppose that would make sense. The Towmax bombs that are on there are 3640 at 80psi, but you're right, there is no 80 psi tire rated to 3750. Good thinking! Sorry, I didn't understand what you were saying in your last post....

TireHobby

Well to me if I read the chart right your wheels have to be good because there is no 16" tire that is rated for 3750# at less than 110psi.

There is one that I know of, its the ST235/85R16F rated at 3960# @ 95 psi. But you are right with the load capacity as the ST is much higher at max pressure.
Sometimes the rim tire pressure is marked on the inside.

TireHobby

jnbhobe

There is one that I know of, its the ST235/85R16F rated at 3960# @ 95 psi. But you are right with the load capacity as the ST is much higher at max pressure.
Sometimes the rim tire pressure is marked on the inside.

TireHobby

Who makes this tire and where is it available ??

taken

Well, I missed it and I'll fess up. All 4 tires and wheels were in the same position so when I checked I didn't see the max psi listed. After second guessing myself all night, I crawled way under and put my head up over the top of the axle and I saw what I was looking for. 3750 at 110PSI. So, now I just have to get my G614's. I should have pulled the trigger last night at simpletire.com. They had them at 309 plus 18 each to ship. Today they jumped it to 320 each and when you combine that with shipping, it's too close to local to bother. Will be calling around to a few other local shops tomorrow to see who's got the best price.

TireHobby

//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jnbhobe//heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.pngWho makes this tire and where is it available ??

Carlisle was the initial builder of the ST235/85R16F but many of the off shore manufacturers have jumped on the band wagon and can be found by searching the net by specific size. The same tire in a LRE is rated at 3640# at 80 psi.

TireHobby

taken

Simpletire dropped their price back to 308, so I ordered today. I did try STCC but they told me they only did big truck tires...

jnbhobe

Simpletire dropped their price back to 308, so I ordered today. I did try STCC but they told me they only did big truck tires...

I got mine from STCC in Milton,De. and they had to get one over nite on their delivery truck from another store. I was amazed how many tires they stocked both large and small truck.