Does anyone know what this drain valve is for???

Born2roam

I anticipated this was a low point drain but it doesn't seem to function like one. On my 2007 3055RL there are no other low point drains and nothing color coded like the newer models.

I used the pump and the docking station controls to power flush the fresh water tank. All of that water comes thru the white hose in the foreground of the picture.

When I open the the unidentified valve, nothing much comes out. I've put compressed air on the system and no air comes through the valve either. Anybody have an idea??

Regards,

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1376a.jpg
    IMG_1376a.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 122

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
The low point drains ( 2 ) should be by the steps ,mine has screw in plugs , no valve. The one in your picture is the fresh water tank drain. I have the same model and year as yours.......Kenny

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
That is the fresh water tank drain. As Kenny said there are 2 low point drains just forward of the steps with screw off caps.

Born2roam

Thank you all. I've never tried the valve with a full tank of water. Just used the power flush. I guess nothing will come out when the tank is empty already :) I'll test that this coming winter after we make it down South.

Regarding the low point drain caps, I just checked and my rig is missing those or they aren't exposed. My 2007 was built in late 2006 so there may have been a design change afterward. No wonder there isn't a definitive winterizing manual published - things change too fast.

Thanks again
Mike

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mike, they may not have cut the hole in the coroplast for them. I would not lose any sleep over it. HL did away with them a couple of years ago.