Dometic CCC2 Thermostat controls

DirtyMax88

Good Afternoon everyone,
We are not familiar with the Dometic CCC2 thermostat controls in our Landmark Newport and were hoping that someone was. It seemed pretty simple and straight forward as far as trying to operate the ac/furnace/auto/fan. Just turn it on and set the temps. We have the a/c on to just keep the trailer from getting to hot and stagnant inside. And what I'm not to sure about is the different zones. Our model says it can control 4 different zones or units. When it says that, does it mean that each thermostat can control both our A/C's (one in the bedroom and one in the living room)?? Also, we have 2 thermostat controls, so when you have one controlling the 4 zones, what is the second one doing, or does one override the other? Lastly, we have and E1 code for Zones 2,3 and 4 on both thermostat controls. I read the operating manual, but don't get what the code means (in simple terms). I was assuming that it wasn't working correctly, because we only have it hooked up to a 30 amp service at our house and you cant run both a/c on a 30 amp service, or can you??!? Can someone explain that please? As well as how to correctly operate these things. Any and all info on this is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

danemayer

Hi DirtyMax88,

Dometic provides CCC2 with those A/C units, but only zone 1 is used on each thermostat. The E1 code you get on Zones 2,3,4 is just confirming that those zones don't have communications with an air conditioner.

In theory it would be possible to make both your A/C units run off a single thermostat. But you'd have to have a remote sensor to make it work and would have to do some rewiring of the coach.

To me, using 2 zones on 1 thermostat doesn't offer any advantage over using 1 zone on 2 thermostats. And perhaps 2 thermostats might be easier to use compared to switching zones on 1 thermostat in order to make changes.

avvidclif

My previous SOB had 2 Dometic AC units and one dual control thermostat. One temp sensor was in the bedroom and the other in the thermostat itself in the living area. I could set each unit for a specific temperature and it all worked well. I couldn't believe my Cyclone had such an antiquated system with 3 thermostats for 3 AC's. Especially when 2 are ducted together.