Water Heater not running as well prowler 303bh

I have a 2022 Prowler 303BH that I bought brand new in May of 2022. Every year we have had it properly winterized and de-winterized. Our 1st 2 years that water heater worked great. I have a 4 year old who likes to take a bath and we have never had any issues with running out of hot water. In fact in previous years I could take a shower, the wife could take a shower, and then my son could take a bath and we would never run out of hot water. For some reason this year we run out of hot water before the tub is even half full.

I don't know what's going on. The water is getting hot but its almost like the water is too cold by the time the thermostat tells the elements to heat back up. We typically run both electric and propane. I know for sure the propane is firing up, is it possible maybe the electric element isn't working? I haven't tested them separately.

thanks,

Dahillbilly

Have you flushed the tank? Also check the temp probe along with checking the electric element operation.

I have flushed the tank. I have one of those wands you stick in there to wash it out. I don't think we tried running electric only during our last trip as we generally run both electric and propane. I do plan to go over to storage and put a meter on it. Is there another temp probe on these tanks other than the thermostat? If so please guide me to where it would be.

Thanks,

david-steph2018

I have flushed the tank. I have one of those wands you stick in there to wash it out. I don't think we tried running electric only during our last trip as we generally run both electric and propane. I do plan to go over to storage and put a meter on it. Is there another temp probe on these tanks other than the thermostat? If so please guide me to where it would be.

Thanks,
Look here to see if there is any information to help:

That helps a lot. From what I can see there is only a 12dcv & 120vac t stat so I assume this thermostat not only tells the unit when to turn off but also when to turn on

Last edited: