Don’t just grumble, do something about it.

DW_Gray

In recent months while I was researching for the best information about tire care for my website, I discovered a blog written by tire expert Roger Marble. We have had more than a few conversations. I encourage you to read some of his thought provoking posts. Below are some his post links that I found informative.

An introduction to this blog and Roger Marble
Why are “bad tires” on the road?
How good are Chinese tires?
Why do tires fail?
Why Do Tires fail #2
How to select a tire brand
Looking for FACTS on Mission brand tires.
Light Truck tires on trailer

Here is an excerpt we all need to know:
If you have a tire failure that is not attributable to overload, under-inflation, puncture or road hazard you should file a report here .

DW_Gray

Here's an update of interest. Yesterday I used the link above to file 2 separate complaints for Mission tires. (I no longer own any!) The process is simple and doesn't take too much time. I think the two most important things is writing a good description of the tire failure event and be sure to have the DOT number that is on the sidewall of the tire. You can still file it without the DOT number. If you have any supporting documents and or pictures, be sure to state that in the description. It's never too late to file a report.

Extra note. Roger Marble shot me short email today to tell me he had an opportunity to assist an RVer with a blown tire last weekend. The tire was a Mission. I'm sure now we have a reputable advocate against the Mission tire company.

Last edited: