Ducting

orion7144

Not sure if you can tell in the picture but there is a 2" line that is just hanging in the empty space behind the basement wall. Looks to be coming from the plenum box.
b63cf17ba85660aad98d2e9d1540ce92.jpg
f16adf1aec4d6a67a8f2375f7cf0b548.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not sure if you can tell in the picture but there is a 2" line that is just hanging in the empty space behind the basement wall. Looks to be coming from the plenum box.
b63cf17ba85660aad98d2e9d1540ce92.jpg
f16adf1aec4d6a67a8f2375f7cf0b548.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That small duct directs warm air towards the underbelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orion7144

Hmm I have a floor type vent, like the heat vents on the inside of the coach, on the basement wall. I never looked to see if something was connected to it.

RoadJunkie

What you are seeing with the unconnected duct is "normal". One duct, from the furnace, is left hanging to provide heat to the basement and hopefully prevents freezing in that area. The vent on the bulkhead wall allows passive air flow between the basement storage area and the plumbing/electrical utility area.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hmm I have a floor type vent, like the heat vents on the inside of the coach, on the basement wall. I never looked to see if something was connected to it.

Do you mean this vent? It was mounted to the original basement wall, so when I created the access panels, I moved it to the one in front of my relocated converter and surge protector for easier access.

Attachments

• Converter access.jpg
    Converter access.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Converter remount.JPG
    Converter remount.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 52

orion7144

Yes, that is the vent. And thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be connected somewhere. I plan on organizing all the lines back there.