ElkRidge - Mounting TV Bedroom

Army1990

I have a 24" TV and the mounting system. This came with two 2" x 1/4 mounting screws. Can these 2" screws be used without penetrating completely through the wall?

jimtoo

Re: ATF: ElkRidge - Mounting TV Bedroom

Hi Army1990,

I don't think you can use 2" screws. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some help for you.

Jim M

I moved thread to a better area for a faster answer.

jbeletti

Army - I agree with Jim here - use something shorter. Perhaps 1-1/4" in length. Make sure you are hitting some structure with your screws as well. If structure doesn't exist where you want to mount the TV, consider mounting a piece of plywood on the wall, to some structure, then mount the TV mount to the plywood.

You may want to call Heartland today (877-262-8032) to see if they can tell you if there's any backer in the wall. If there is, you can skip the plywood step.

WBG

WBGavin
I agree that using a "Backer Board" is better than trying to guess where a stud might be located. However, I would not use plywood as a backer board because it does not hold screws very well, especially when the mounting bracket will be stressed by every bump you hit while traveling. I would go with a regular hard wood board around 3/4" thick and a bit larger than the bracket itself. Just a thought.