EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Impromptu potluck breakfast Thursday at 9 am

Hello Alamissabamasippi rally early arrivals,

I'd like to host an impromptu breakfast potluck for early arrivals outside of my RV in site 142, this Thursday morning at 9am.

I will supply for anyone who comes:
- divided plates
- plastic flatware
- napkins

My potluck offering will be:
- pan of breakfast potatoes/onions/peppers
- some sausage patties
- some scrambled eggs

If you care to join us, kindly bring with you:
- a camping chair to sit in
- a breakfast item to share that would feed 4 to 8 people
- your coffee or other drink

I'll be outside cooking, so feel free to stop by earlier than 9. But let's plan to eat at 9.

Bill Sims mentioned that he will probably fry some bacon. Yum! I could use a large coffee pot for refills if anyone carries one with them (Bill? :)

No need to RSVP - come as you are if you are interested.

Jim

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Re: Impromptu potluck breakfast Thursday at 9 am

Good Morning, If we could be there, I would supply Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's.. Mayhbe next time..

GETnBYE

Great Glenn and Fran. Look forward to seeing you. Do you plan to go to Pensacola to watch the Blue Angels practice on Wednesday morning? I think a bunch of us plan to go to LuLu's on Wednesday evening. I've never been but hear it is a rockin place. Yall travel safely; see you tomorrow.

Lou, Bette, Wayne and Nita plan to be there at 6 p.m. Wed. evening. Hope to see you there!!! Having a great time already and rally hasn't even started yet. :)

We're not Heartland owners yet but would have enjoyed the opportunity to swing by and chat with some Landmark owners. As luck would have it, we'll be camping at a State Park in the opposite direction.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
To All AlaMissiBamaSippi Heartlanders: We will head to Lulu's Buffet at 6pm today, Wednesday, April 25th for an evening of dining and fun. Congrats to Jim and Nancy Beletti on their first grandchild, Isabella; born last evening about 8pm.

Don't forget to head over to the Beletti coach, site #142 at 9am tomorrow for a Pot Luck Breakfast. Bring any breakfast food to share with the bunch. See ya there.

jnv

Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

We'll be leaving Topsail tomorrow (4-26) in the late morning and should be there by mid-afternoon. Looking forward to meeting everyone :).

hogan

Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Hi guys, have you by chance met Kim and Dottie at Topsail? They have been there the last few days also. They might race you up here. They have a Landmark.

hogan

AGENDA for AlaMissiBamaSippi Rally- 4/26 to 4/29

AlaMissiBamaSippi Spring Rally
Gulf State Park
AGENDA
Activities Building is located across Raccoon Rd. from our loop. Drive past tennis courts, pool, take sidewalk on right side of Nature Center to Activities Building.
Wed. Evening- LuLu’s for dinner. Train departs 6pm.
Rally Schedule- Thursday 4/26
9am- Impromptu Potluck Breakfast
- Beletti Coach in site #142. Bring coffee, drinks, chairs, and some breakfast food item that would feed four people. Come and join the fun, no need to RSVP; Eat at 9, come early to help, visit, or get in the way.
Rally arrivals during day; visiting, story telling, biking. Beach, fish, hike, shop, visit Nature Center across Raccoon Rd. from our loop. Lunch on your own. Dinner on your own also, but save room for
“Ring the Blue Bell”
Meet & Greet “Ice Cream Sundae Extravaganza”
7pm at Activities Building; Behind Nature Center- follow path on right side.
Fri. 4/27 Breakfast on your own.
10am at Cooper RV site #146
. How To Demo- Lubing your Axle Bearings and brake check starring Bob Mansolino. Bring chairs if you like.
Lunch where you find it.
2pm at Meridith RV site #141.
Demo “Out in the Boondocks” starring Mickey Meridith. Bring chairs, camera, questions,
6:25pm Pot Luck supper
at the Activities Building. Bring your drinks, a dish and your appetite.
Sat. 4/28 10am Brunch
at Osprey Lake Country Club RV Resort. Caravan will leave park at 9:20am. Free time until supper.
6:25pm Lower Alabama Down South Barbeque
at Activities Building. Bring your beverages.
Sunday 4/29 10am
Worship service at Pavilion by store and laundry.
Check out is 2pm for those leaving today. Safe Travels Everyone.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Sounds like fun! Wish we could be there! Can someone video the demos, so we can view them on the forum??

jnv

Hi guys, have you by chance met Kim and Dottie at Topsail? They have been there the last few days also. They might race you up here. They have a Landmark.

Yes, we have met them and we're not sure who will be the first to arrive!

jbeletti

We had at least 30 people over this morning for a potluck breakfast. Great variety of food and a nice time of visiting.

IMG_1551.jpg IMG_1552.jpg

hogan

Great Pot Luck breakfast at the Beletti site this morning. So much good food and wonderful folks to visit with. You late arrivals missed a good time. We will save you a biscuit.

hogan

All rigs are in and accounted for. Meet and Greet at Activity Center with everyone present; 7.5 half-gallons of Blue Bell ice cream, home-made hot fudge, fresh LA strawberries, home-made brownies, chocolate avocado cookies. Thank you to all who came to share the Rally fun with us. Heartlanders are great folks and we know how to have some fun. See "All Yall" tomorrow.

hogan

Good Job, Bob Mansolino on demonstrating "How To" Lubricate axle bearings and check brakes for wear / adjust. Lots of good points shared with the group and good responses to the questions asked. A real eye-opener for many in the crowd. I heard lots of comments that "they knew what they would be doing when they get home". Bob showed us how to methodically work through this operation and the appropriate tools to have ready for the task. One of his high recommendations was to buy and carry with you a full bearing set, so if you have a problem on the road, you have the repair parts on hand thus preventing delays on your travels. Thanks Bob for a great job.

photo (11).JPG photo (12).JPG

wyndysweep

Recipe

As requested, I just posted the recipe for Heavenly Salad (here). We have realy enjoyed the rally & look forward to attending more.

Wyndy

Status
Not open for further replies.